**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Soldato
Don't think I'll be around to accept delivery, so might have to pick up tomorrow :(

Ironically my wife had a phone delivered yesterday which we missed so I had to drive up to the depot. Today, my delivery time is about 2 hours later which means I'll be busy again. If it had been the same time as yesterday I would have been in... should have had it delivered to work.

Soldato
Very we're supposed to be dropping it off at a shop near me but instead they've sent it via royal mail... And I was at work when they tried to deliver it :(

Soldato
Has anyone tried claiming the DEX (on vodafone) i keep getting invalid IMEI...

Same here direct from samsung ...deep down I knew it would'nt be ready or work

First thoughts?

All restored and my gear3 working fine

Very nice only had a little play as it came with 50% battery and restore humped that ..so charging at moment

Screen is lovely and have having the pen back is :D

Associate
Just received mine and going through the setup / restoring process. The facial recognition works surprisingly well and the display and speed is insane. The will take some time getting used to considering my old phone was a Galaxy S6 Edge.

The phone is a finger print magnet and a case is needed in my opinion. I'm scared of dropping it :D

I've just claimed my DEX too without any issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
Managed to get home in time for delivery. For some reason I was convinced Samsung shipped it with a case, it must have been an unboxing video I watched that was showing the big massive boxes with the wireless charging etc. and that got me confused.

So I need a case... suggestions?

Soldato
Managed to get home in time for delivery. For some reason I was convinced Samsung shipped it with a case, it must have been an unboxing video I watched that was showing the big massive boxes with the wireless charging etc. and that got me confused.

So I need a case... suggestions?

i saw a post on Reddit, someone received a clear case in the box, no idea where in the world he was from though

Soldato
Got mine from royal mail and played with it for a couple of hours already.

Lovely well made device, everything running sooo smooth and sleek, especially coming from a Nexus 7 2013 :D

The pen is responsive, no need for hard pressure as I've previously read

I have the screen mode set to basic, adaptive display seems too bluish on the whites to my eyes

The Spigen Liquid Crystal Case Cover is very nice and fits like a glove.

The only thing I would change is for the screen to be slightly wider

P.S. Is anyone else having a problem to get crystal adblocker to work on the samsung browser?

Back
Top Bottom