Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
IMG_5420.jpg

Got my stage 2 map done. Great service as always from the shark performance lads.
Is that a diesel or the Cupra? I keep looking at the Cupra versions of these can get a 10yr old one now easy for 6k and they all remap so well.
Have you had any faults with yours in general?

Soldato
Is that a diesel or the Cupra? I keep looking at the Cupra versions of these can get a 10yr old one now easy for 6k and they all remap so well.
Have you had any faults with yours in general?

Hi it's a diesel fr version. They're quite problamatic with dpfs/injectors/boost leaks etc although once those issues are sorted out they're a good daily car with some fun elements after a remap. I've fixed a lot of the small issues I had myself so it's been an ok experience for me.

The cupra is good but not worth £6k depending on the year/mileage you get. Luckily the early Frs like mine had same set up as a mk5 gti so parts are easy to come by. The engine is just different to the one in the mk5 gti.

Soldato
What are your 0-100 km/h times now?

Not a clue. Truth be told I've never timed 0-100kmh or 0-62 in any of the cars I've owned. I prefer in gear acceleration.

I'll know at the pod meet what the performance is like. My best time was 15.3 on the 1/4b with a trap of 94mph, that was with massive boost leaks and a crap map. Though on that run there was no mechanical sympathy.

The stage 2 compared to the stage 1 on the shark map is rather weird I found. I know for sure that the torque is limited in 1st and 2nd. In the stage 1 map it didn't seem limited in 2nd.

The torque also seems to be a tad higher up in the rev range in the stage 2 map compared to the stage 1. I do feel ill need to upgrade the clutch sometime when it starts slipping but so far it's been ok.

Oh and as for smoke higher up in the rev range, yes there is a lot of it. The stage 1 smoked but the stage 2 is something else.

The power is progressive it's not a one big thump of torque, it's smooth and you don't need to cain the car for it to move.

Caporegime
Uhhhh, no then. The Corolla still has winter tyres on the front wheels, and the BMW has an issue with the brakes. :p

Unless I get the tyres fitted tomorrow... There still places or is it a free for all? Wheres the thread? :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been on the look out for a 4x4 for a few weeks to get me through winter and possibly a bit of green laning.

So I bought this...

21729975_10154682629700064_1424943650_o.jpg

:rolleyes:

'92 JDM V-Special. Totally original, no rust (except the wiper spoiler lol). 3 owners and 70k on the clock. Managed to pick up a hard top from across the road from work in the right colour for almost no money which will be going on tomorrow.

Desperately needs a wash but it's always raining when I finish work.

Last edited:
Associate
I've been on the look out for a 4x4 for a few weeks to get me through winter and possibly a bit of green laning.

So I bought this...

21729975_10154682629700064_1424943650_o.jpg

:rolleyes:

'92 JDM V-Special. Totally original, no rust (except the wiper spoiler lol). 3 owners and 70k on the clock. Managed to pick up a hard top from across the road from work in the right colour for almost no money which will be going on tomorrow.

Desperately needs a wash but it's always raining when I finish work.

I suppose this goes without saying but get a good underseal treatment done on it if it doesn't have one.

Back
Top Bottom