***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Permabanned
Hi

I've got a few questions about GTA Online. Im level 32 I think but have only ever just done random races via the quick job menu before. I haven't played in ages and noticed a ton of updates and content have been released.

1. How do I access all the various updates (import/export, ceo stuff etc)... I can't see any icons on the map relating to them, all I see is the Lemar missions from the lowriders update.

2. Whats the quickest way for me to make good money ? I have about a tenner to my name after buying a house to do the heists (which I've still not done). I know its snidey but are there are any exploits you can do to make money quick ? I simply don't have the time to grind out millions to buy a chopper or a fancy car. It seems like it's going to be an impossible grind to unlock anything decent.

Its annoying because some of my mates all have the best cars, gears etc due to hackers dropping tons of cash about on servers a year or so ago. I missed out on that and as mentioned have about a tenner.

Soldato
Hi

I've got a few questions about GTA Online. Im level 32 I think but have only ever just done random races via the quick job menu before. I haven't played in ages and noticed a ton of updates and content have been released.

1. How do I access all the various updates (import/export, ceo stuff etc)... I can't see any icons on the map relating to them, all I see is the Lemar missions from the lowriders update.

2. Whats the quickest way for me to make good money ? I have about a tenner to my name after buying a house to do the heists (which I've still not done). I know its snidey but are there are any exploits you can do to make money quick ? I simply don't have the time to grind out millions to buy a chopper or a fancy car. It seems like it's going to be an impossible grind to unlock anything decent.

Its annoying because some of my mates all have the best cars, gears etc due to hackers dropping tons of cash about on servers a year or so ago. I missed out on that and as mentioned have about a tenner.
1. to become CEO/Club President you must own either an executive office or clubhouse respectively, once you have these it opens up a lot of options to gain money, once you have either one of these properties (Maze foreclosures/Dynasty8 executive websites) you will then be able to purchase Bunker/warehouses/hangers etc.

2. There is no real golden solution for making money fast, the grind is a grind... Quickest way i found was, a combination of Gun running which can net a couple of hundred thousand a day and playing whatever event is offereing x2 RP/$ all in all a few hour solo session could in theory easily net half a million, if anyone knows a quicker way of gaining $, please enlighten me.
There are still loads of hackers and loads of people asking for cash drops, but i dont get involved.

Unfortunately to gain money legitimately at any decent rate it really is a case of you need money to make money.
They really have pushed the sharkcard angle with this game for a big cash grab.

Soldato
Hi

Pretty much what Steve has said, import and export can do 300k and hour if you can get the top end cars but you will need a business. Try and get some heist mates or crew mates to help out. Contact missions are good solo and can help rank up.

GTAO has become somewhat ridiculous with regards to cost of anything. It is now completely geared up to shark cards. They may have paid for the DLC etc to be released but it is not much use when it cost $3+ million.. totally out of reach for new players....

Soldato
Does anyone have any idea why I seem to be locked at 40fps in this game? I've turned of limiting and v sync and even upped resolution and the benchmark constantly runs at 40fps!

If you Alt Tab out and then back in, does that make any difference? Also what is your card.

There used to be an issue with 30 fps but that was resolved a while ago. 40 fps is a bit odd.

Also check your settings.xml file and the refresh rate

C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V

<AdapterIndex value="0"/>

<OutputIndex value="0"/>

<ScreenWidth value="1920"/>

<ScreenHeight value="1080"/>

<RefreshRate value="59"/>

<Windowed value="0"/>

<VSync value="1"/>

<Stereo value="0"/>

<Convergence value="0.100000"/>

<Separation value="1.000000"/>

<PauseOnFocusLoss value="1"/>

<AspectRatio value="0"/>

Associate
If you Alt Tab out and then back in, does that make any difference? Also what is your card.

There used to be an issue with 30 fps but that was resolved a while ago. 40 fps is a bit odd.

Also check your settings.xml file and the refresh rate

C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V

<AdapterIndex value="0"/>

<OutputIndex value="0"/>

<ScreenWidth value="1920"/>

<ScreenHeight value="1080"/>

<RefreshRate value="59"/>

<Windowed value="0"/>

<VSync value="1"/>

<Stereo value="0"/>

<Convergence value="0.100000"/>

<Separation value="1.000000"/>

<PauseOnFocusLoss value="1"/>

<AspectRatio value="0"/>

Cheers but i think i worked out. It only happens during the benchmark otherwise in game its normal. Weird!!

Caporegime
Cheers but i think i worked out. It only happens during the benchmark otherwise in game its normal. Weird!!

Lucky its just the benchmark, as in game for me suddenly locked to 55, months and months ago now, only way to unlock i found, was Window Mode.

EDIT: Just checked the .xml from what Strudders posted, and refresh rate value is set to 144. :/

Still, not like 55s bad :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi just bought this game about to download it.

I'm still waiting for these coffeelake to come back in stock so I can upgrade my cpu.

What settings should I turn down to help out my 3570k?

Associate
...Anyway the new transform races are really good fun.

Just had a couple of hours on these, must be first time i've played this game in at least 12 months.
Have to say, it just felt sluggish plodding through most parts of the transform races. Not sure I'll be having another go anytime soon. I like a race to feel like an adrenaline rush, and this is not what I got here. :(

Soldato
Well I was surprised my 3570k plays this game fine even with my gtx 1080 don't think I have seen it drop below 60 yet.

Edit: went to first person mode and frame rate real bad, can't wait to get my 8400 in there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Should also mention that there's an event going on in GTA where if you log in you'll be given 400k. You've got until the 6th November. Funds will be deposited into your account a few days later between 6-13th

Soldato
Should also mention that there's an event going on in GTA where if you log in you'll be given 400k. You've got until the 6th November. Funds will be deposited into your account a few days later between 6-13th

Also if you do 3 gun running missions you get 500k.

Can anyone tell me where I get in a gun running mission?

Back
Top Bottom