Anova Precision Cooker - cook sous vide with your iPhone.

Associate
Finally got an Anova after pondering about it for the longest time, managed to get £25 off as well by moaning to them about how the UK and EU price is so different then they put the UK store on promotion! :D

Going to experiment with it tonight with some eggs and might play around with it at the weekend with some meat although I need to look into getting a vacuum packer of sorts and maybe a container for the sous vide as the stock pot isn't as big as I thought it is

Man of Honour
thought some might be interested in this video I came across, its insane how small the temperate needs to be. I find him annoying but the content is worth it.

Associate
I got my wife one of these for her birthday (aka a bowling ball with my name on it) and we've had loads of great results with steak, salmon, and chicken. Highly recommend it, especially with it being so cheap!

We use zip lock bags which always seems to work well, and use the water submersion method for getting the air out before cooking. One thing I think we need is a bigger container for the water. We use a large casserole pot at mo, but I think we need something bigger, deeper and with at least a straight edge for the Anova to latch onto.

Man of Honour
I got my wife one of these for her birthday (aka a bowling ball with my name on it) and we've had loads of great results with steak, salmon, and chicken. Highly recommend it, especially with it being so cheap!

We use zip lock bags which always seems to work well, and use the water submersion method for getting the air out before cooking. One thing I think we need is a bigger container for the water. We use a large casserole pot at mo, but I think we need something bigger, deeper and with at least a straight edge for the Anova to latch onto.

Get yourself some gastronorms. I have a 1/2 and a full and that covers it. https://www.nisbets.co.uk/kitchenwa...gastronorms/vogue-clear-polycarbonate/_/a33-4

Also to the posts above, it is really handy having 2. Mostly to do different things but also sometimes for volume. I did ribs for 40 people over the summer and two was great for that.

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Any one got any awesome roast recipes (not beef, thinking lamb) Got my dad an anova for Christmas and don't think he's quite got/used it to its full effect so want to show him how low and slow sous vide works as I'm away with him this week.

Man of Honour
Did Kangaroo steaks tonight.

They were about an inch thick so a splash of red wine, olive oil, crushed garlic and sprig of rosemary and then done at 52.5°C for an hour. Then flash fried. Served with steamed veg and some mash spuds.

Really very good.

Also picked up 1kg of brisket to do next month when some friends come to visit. Will try with a couple of smaller bits before hand. Any excuse to eat beef. :D

Back
Top Bottom