Netflix or wait for Burst.

Soldato
Should I subscribe to Netflix uk or wait for a Blueray release?
I buy the Expanse on Blueray. I assume I'll have to subscribe for the length of the series which may be more than the Blueray.
This is the first time I've been enticed by a Netflix exclusive.
Andi.

Soldato
Subscribe for a month's free trial, blitz the two seasons, cancel.

Two episodes into S2, it's so good, slow burn start on S1 but it pays off by the end.

Soldato
OP
Ok thanks for that, slight error in my OP I meant to say this is for Star Trek Discovery. The Expanse is brilliant on Blu Ray. I'll wait if Netflix streaming is not UHD.
@DrToffnar lol not tight, retired, living off nothing until HMG dain to give me my pension. 4 years and 1 day still to wait.
Andi.

Soldato
Ok thanks for that, slight error in my OP I meant to say this is for Star Trek Discovery. The Expanse is brilliant on Blu Ray. I'll wait if Netflix streaming is not UHD.
@DrToffnar lol not tight, retired, living off nothing until HMG dain to give me my pension. 4 years and 1 day still to wait.
Andi.

There will be a chance it isn't UHD with CBS filming it and Netflix only having the distribution rights.

Soldato
Depends which one you subscribe to surely? Netflix UHD looks pretty damn great from where I'm sitting.

Edit: Ah actually I don't even think they've done The Expanse in UHD...

Yeah, I admit that Netflix and Amazon UHD do look good. Around a mate's house that is because I can't get internet faster than 1.2MB/s ADSL2+ here, hence why I buy the physical media rather than subscribing to a streaming service. That said though, in reality the streaming services don't come anywhere close to comparing to the image and sound quality you get from playing a disc from a dedicated machine.

I'd hate to see the sort of internet you'd need to smoothly stream a full bitrate 4K HDR10 movie complete with the full 7.1 DTS-HD soundtrack. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom