The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Associate
Associate
That’s really nice. I use a Manfrotto super clamp for similar situations but damn that thing is heavy even without a ball head. The RRS safari clamp was tempting but very expensive. This could be the answer.

Pair of Molegrips

Drill down into the end of the knurled adjuster. Thread it, fit tripod thread adapter and fit ball head on end.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I haven't bought a new camera since the 5D3, so here is the 6D2 :D

rps20171006_184231_763.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Used it today alongside the 5D3 for a shoot and it does hold its own. I've got everything set up with custom buttons etc just how I have the 5D3 so this was nice to see possible.

The touchscreen is excellent as is the burst rate, just a shade faster than the 5D3.

It's only a side camera for video and stuff mainly, I only need 60fps 1080p though, so that's just fine for my needs.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sigma high end lenses are sharper and cheaper than Canon's in the same class. So I'll stick with them until that changes :p

5D IV is nearly double the price but only gaining 4K recording as the benefit for my uses, that's not efficient investing when everything else I use is 1080p @ 60fps, so I got what does the best job for the price for its intended use!

5D IV also does not have a flip out screen.

Soldato
Sigma high end lenses are sharper and cheaper than Canon's in the same class. So I'll stick with them until that changes :p

5D IV is nearly double the price but only gaining 4K recording as the benefit for my uses, that's not efficient investing when everything else I use is 1080p @ 60fps, so I got what does the best job for the price for its intended use!

5D IV also does not have a flip out screen.
5D4 has better IQ, buffer, ergonomics and AF speed then the 6d2.

Canons 35mm L Lens is sharper and better then the Sigma art as well and teh new 85MM L looks to be better then the sigma counterpart.

Still i would go for sigma as the price difference dont equal to the IQ improvements

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Where are the comparisons showing the Canon 35 is sharper to warrant its extra cost?

For the intended use, I can do everything with the 6D2 I would otherwise be able to do with the 5D4 but for over £1000 less. No point spending extra money on something that won't be of extra benefit.

Back
Top Bottom