Formula Boinc 2017

Soldato
OP
I'd like to know how the YAFU credit server works?

My theory is that it has a big bonus wheel with different multipliers on it which spins round and when a computer attaches, it lands on one.

Which would explain why I have identical machines being awarded vastly different credit.

Associate
Well done on YAFU, you had TAAT running for cover with that opening salvo. Even more nicely done on your multiple front strategy, which gained you some points elsewhere while you thought the distraction of a Sprint might weaken your targets of opportunity. ;)

Soldato
tbh it wasn't something that anybody put any effort into. as the points was so messed up.. there was a few members not present on this one so we was down quite a lot of cores down, at least 100+. but good run for you guys :D

Associate
yeah... we have a few members that became a lot more active in BOINC this year and they kinda adopted FB as their choice of focus. This is the first year we have actually done anything serious with it. Even 2014 was half assed when we took Gold in League 2. It was mostly Grandpa putting all of his hardware away from FAH. He is now back to FAH. Next year both OcUK and TAAT will most likely be bumped to League 1 leaving us with EVGA as the most likely contender to be faced with. So, we might see you guys in 2019...

Associate
Our goal this year is to ourscore Gridcoin in over all points. We didn't bother for the first few months or we might have gotten a perfect score this year...lol

Associate
Oh...and YAFU uses the default Credit New scoring mechanism provided by BOINC. Many refer to it as Credit Random and I've never seen it actually correct itself like they claim it is supposed to do.

Soldato
OP
yeah... we have a few members that became a lot more active in BOINC this year and they kinda adopted FB as their choice of focus. This is the first year we have actually done anything serious with it. Even 2014 was half assed when we took Gold in League 2. It was mostly Grandpa putting all of his hardware away from FAH. He is now back to FAH. Next year both OcUK and TAAT will most likely be bumped to League 1 leaving us with EVGA as the most likely contender to be faced with. So, we might see you guys in 2019...

[H] vs EVGA just like the old days :)

I for one would prefer to stay in league 2 along with TAAT and then yourselves included because it's been fun this year. I think we'll be lost in league 1 with the big boys and in particular no fun losing heavily to the GC mercenaries most of whom will be oblivious to any competition taking place.

Associate
Our scores havent been to bad compared to league1 scores in the sprints, normally we would have been in the top 5, might be more fun having more then 1 team to beat, might be harder as well, can always have a rest for the year and get shoved back down to league 2 again lol

Associate
I don't think many teams really care about FB. And I agree, League 1 would not be much fun for smaller teams. It would be much better if teams had to at least sign up so that you know whom is actually wanting to compete. Even then, large teams have thousands of sleeping DC'ers that have no clue what is happening anyways. I just wish Sebastien put more effort into listening to the users that do point out problems rather than things going on unchecked. I was surprised when he recently replied to me but I think it stimulated from another team member contacting him for help with a stats project he was working on.

Associate
H is currently working on a new DC focused page thanks to ChristianVirtual's efforts and musky for handing off the domain name. We are currently discussing behind doors the possibility of host challenges. FAH is a most likely option but we are also considering other projects too. Hopefully we will be able to come up with something more along these lines. I'm pushing for minimum of team sign up and possibly individual sign up similar to how SETI Wow is done. That way only the people wanting to compete will count. http://www.hard-dc.com/

Associate
Great discussion here!
As far as FB goes, It's my opinion that league 2 has the most personality by far. Actually I can't wait for [H] to come up next year and help fill the void created by the top 3 graduating. At least we know each other very well. (hanluc #571)
We at EVGA have made most of our points since June in the sprints. It seems we can muster just enough interest, on the short races to compete for a bronze, but long term interest is really hard. We are loaded with crunchers that don't read the forums or don't care about competition. It saddens me quite honestly.
We have about 15-20 with varying hardware that can adapt and change projects on a whim but that's it.
Anyhoo, much respect to you all, TAAT and OC.net.

Back
Top Bottom