Chairs never last me more than a few weeks/months

Soldato
OP
ok sent 2ndhnd a message about their mirra chairs and in fact they are actually fully loaded version, with new seats (black colour).

Ordered mine just now, 3 to 7 working days for delivery.

Associate
Take your current chair to an upholsterer and get it fitted with proper foam, and get it fitted out with a removable cover so you can change out foam pieces in the future?

Associate
I didn't specifically mean that chair, I mean if you're having no luck finding a chair, get one built to your specific requirements. Expensive at first but way cheaper than a new £100 chair every 6 months

Soldato
Just a small update, the quality of the chair seems very good and so far ive had good results, much better than any other chair ive owned.

It's difficult to articulate to people who haven't tried one just how good these chairs are. People are quickly put off by what looks uncomfortable and at a high price. Comfort is when you stop noticing the chair even when using it for hours on end, and the Mirra achieves that.

Associate
I have spent between £45 and £200 on chairs for my daily pc activities ( i have fibromyalgia ) and spend a lot of time at my pc.

The chair i currently have was bought for me on fathers day, a pu leather chair for £130 and at first as always all seemed better, previous chair i got near xmas had started giving my bruises on my butt.
This chair had now done what i call gone flat, the cushioning on the seat to me now seems to be on the wood/plastic/metal what ever it may be.

I am sick and tired of constantly paying out for chairs that dont last, i tried a Noble chairs when they first released and the build quality was shabby at best, and i see a lot of reports are still the same.

I had a DX racer and sold it to a friend as i found it had little support on the seat and was hard, the friend reports the same after sitting in it for more than an hour at a time.

Why is it so difficult to find a comfy chair that can last a year or two minimum

Are you, as Trump would say, "yuge" by any chance? This has never happened to me.

I only had one chair go flat and it was a cheap p.o.s.

Try one of the serta bonded leather office chairs.

Soldato
OP
Are you slamming yourself down into the chair when you sit down? Are you just extremely picky? I'm trying to understand because I've only ever bottomed out the cushion on one chair, which was a piece of garbage to begin with, and I weigh significantly more than you.

no i dont slam down or anything like that, as ive posted in this thread i have bought a herman miller mirra and this has been night and day difference so far, had the chair about month and a half now.
Even the woman at the last shop could see the chair had flattened down and was no good, chairs just dont seem to last.

Soldato
OP
Get a memory foam pillow and sit on that (on top of the DXracer or whatever chair you have).

Thanks but as i posted just a couple of posts up i purchase a Herman miller mirra and couldnt be happier with it.
I have tried one of those foam pillow chair seats on top of a chair and i have to say they dont come close to what i now have.

Associate
Problem is that a few hundred on a chair is nothing. One of the best chairs I ever owned would probably cost well over £1000 today. It was heavily padded with 24hour foam. For some reason the manufacturers just can't make one cheaply.

Associate
I have spent between £45 and £200 on chairs for my daily pc activities ( i have fibromyalgia ) and spend a lot of time at my pc.

The chair i currently have was bought for me on fathers day, a pu leather chair for £130 and at first as always all seemed better, previous chair i got near xmas had started giving my bruises on my butt.
This chair had now done what i call gone flat, the cushioning on the seat to me now seems to be on the wood/plastic/metal what ever it may be.

I am sick and tired of constantly paying out for chairs that dont last, i tried a Noble chairs when they first released and the build quality was shabby at best, and i see a lot of reports are still the same.

I had a DX racer and sold it to a friend as i found it had little support on the seat and was hard, the friend reports the same after sitting in it for more than an hour at a time.

Why is it so difficult to find a comfy chair that can last a year or two minimum

before you buy a chair check the max weight it can handle see if it fits you, ppl often go with the looks or the price and end up with a chair designed for 10 or 20kg less.

Back
Top Bottom