Threadripper blocks

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date
Gangster
OcUK Staff
At the moment the ETA is not looking good. It seems EK were unable to hit the launch date as we have had no shipping confirmation. I haven't changed the ETA yet as I'm expecting confirmation from them if they were shipped or not. Usually what happens on launch is it is a few days late and acetal versions land first and not the whole range.

I will have more details tomorrow so I can only apologise if they do not arrive on Friday as they planned.

Any orders waiting for a water block but everything else is available in stock it maybe worth contacting our sales team so they can look at putting it on back order.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
:(

It's not even like I can run with a cheap hsf temporaily. I know it's not your fault though - just frustrating to have a system I haven't been able to use for two weeks (except one afternoon when a friend lent me his AIO).

Any eta on the xspc blocks? I might change the order if they are any closer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Jayztwocents found that one of his TR4 blocks had a loose screw protruding from the coldplate. I wonder if EK are in a bit too much of a rush with these, but in any case it's sensible to carefully check the screws, fit and seals of any watercooling equipment before you assemble them:

Gangster
OcUK Staff
:(

It's not even like I can run with a cheap hsf temporaily. I know it's not your fault though - just frustrating to have a system I haven't been able to use for two weeks (except one afternoon when a friend lent me his AIO).

Any eta on the xspc blocks? I might change the order if they are any closer.

The XSPC blocks are further away. Ourselves and a few other people have been testing the XSPC block and it does an awesome job but it is still a few weeks away from being released. The block then has to be shipped so it could be another month maybe more. The EK Blocks will come first 100%.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
The XSPC blocks are further away. Ourselves and a few other people have been testing the XSPC block and it does an awesome job but it is still a few weeks away from being released. The block then has to be shipped so it could be another month maybe more. The EK Blocks will come first 100%.

Thanks for the info.

What's the cheapest aio you stock that would be ok for threadripper that I could use as a stop gap? No oc'ing on it obviously. I could shift it on the MM once the proper block arrives.

Man of Honour
Thanks for the info.

What's the cheapest aio you stock that would be ok for threadripper that I could use as a stop gap? No oc'ing on it obviously. I could shift it on the MM once the proper block arrives.

Im using the H100iv2 - It actually does a really good job and I get idle temps at 3.7 of mid 30's and highs in the 60's which I really don't think is too bad at all.

Associate
Will a coolermaster nepton 140XL work with TR? I could at least use that until the block arrives.

Thanks for keeping us posted though, I'll get OcUK to ship the rest of my order

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Thanks for the info.

Hi This is the list I know is compatible:

Corsair 115i
Corsair H100i v2
Corsair H105
Corsair H80i v2
Nzxt Kraken X61
Nzxt Kraken X62
Nzxt Kraken X52
Thermaltake Riing 3.0 RGB 360
Thermaltake Riing 3.0 RGB 240
Thermaltake Riing 3.0 RGB 280
Cryorig A80
Cryorig A40
Arctic Cooling 240
Arctic Cooling 360
EVGA CLC 280
Fractal Design Celsius S24 240mm
Fractal Design Celsius S36 360mm
OcUK Tech Labs 240mm Extreme
OcUK Tech Labs 240mm+ Extreme
OcUK Tech Labs 360mm Extreme

The ARCTIC range is probably the cheapest.

Which version of the block did you order from us?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Hi - I ordered this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...vo-threadripper-edition-nickel-wc-9gv-ek.html

Yeah, seen that list before - nothing overly cheap on that list and the H80i v2 is prob the only one I could squeeze in the case without having to dismantle my current rad setup :( Would prob have good resale value though. My friend is selling a Corsair H55 which should fit with the included TR Asetek adapter, but I guess it wont have enough capacity to even be a stop gap.

Looks like more waiting is on the cards. Ah well, guess that's the price to pay for getting in at bleeding edge of tech - although I must say I've never experienced this kind of wait in all my years of watercooling.

I appreciate your help Robbie G.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Well, I've bought my friends Corsair H55 as a stop gap - at least it will let me be able to set up windows properly. I'll just have to stay away from the heavy stuff for the time being - maybe I could disable a few cores in Ryzen master to keep temps in check for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gangster
OcUK Staff
So some bad news only the Acetal + Nickel block is shipping to us for next week so far. We only have 15 units coming as well.

EK website is showing out of stock on all lines at the moment.

I will keep you guys updated.

Edit: I have just been told by EK the Nickel plexi version will ship out next week so it will land week commencing 4th.

Sorry for the delay.

Last edited:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
So some bad news only the Acetal + Nickel block is shipping to us for next week so far. We only have 15 units coming as well.

EK website is showing out of stock on all lines at the moment.

I will keep you guys updated.

Edit: I have just been told by EK the Nickel plexi version will ship out next week so it will land week commencing 4th.

Sorry for the delay.

No worries, I know it's not ocuks fault and thanks for keeping us updated. I'll leave the pre-order open for now but might switch to the xspc if they beat ek to market.

Associate
No worries, I know it's not ocuks fault and thanks for keeping us updated. I'll leave the pre-order open for now but might switch to the xspc if they beat ek to market.

What temps are you getting with the block? I'm seeing idle temps of 30-40 and full 32 thread load temps of 56.

Load temps seem okay, but overclocked to 3.7 I'm getting 70 degrees. I'd expect better from a block. In the same loop my 980ti idles at 29 and never goes above 39.

Before I drain the loop to reseat the block, I wanted to see what temps others are getting.

Back
Top Bottom