Anyone ordered a new Leon recently?....

Soldato
Probably saves a lot of money in electricity bills.

A lot of government sites shut for a couple of weeks over winter like this. Comes out of leave though usually :/

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a cultural working thing. I work with a varied range of clients across the world (generally Europe) and you'll find the Nordics pretty much shut down over summer altogether whereas very little gets done in other European countries such as Spain as people go on their holidays. Offices are pretty much running on a skeleton staff and no decisions get made until after the summer when everyone returns.

Associate
I ordered a new Leon (SC FR 1.8) middle of May and was advised 14-16 weeks delivery. Haven't heard anything since, but then haven't chased at all either. Guess I should drop the dealer an email at some point, see how its getting on.

Associate
I ordered a Leon ST turbo petrol in February with a build date of 12 weeks.Still waiting and not expected until build week 43 at the earliest.
Apparently they can't make enough of the petrol engines as they now use the same engine in Audi.Expect at least 2 weeks on top of this for delivery.
The diesels should be a shorter lead time so fingers crossed for you.

Soldato
Vauxhall have a system whereby you can log in and see where your vehicle is, do Seat not do this?

P.s. summer shut downs are common throughout the industry. It's for a combination of holidays, line maintenance and getting ready for the new model year.

Associate
Just been contacted by the dealer.Build time now down to 41 weeks so end of October beginning of November for delivery .Some fantastic discounts available on Seat motors if your prepared to wait.
I'm not sure if customers have access to Seats build time system.

Caporegime
Vauxhall have a system whereby you can log in and see where your vehicle is, do Seat not do this?

Audi and VW do, I'd be amazed if the other brands didn't also, given it would just be a different branded portal for the same platform.

In many ways though, these systems are a curse, I remember vividly watching the apparent lack of progress, knowing my car was built and QC'd but sat in the port awaiting a boat. Three known VAG group vessels came and went (yes I was sad enough to watch the vessels live on marine traffic website) before it was finally loaded onto the Hull bound boat!

Soldato
Sometimes there can be a supply issue with certain parts. For example, there was a supply issue with partial and full leather trim for the new Fiesta which prevented ST-Line X, Titanium X and Vignale models being built. THis has recently been lifted but the backlog is rather large meaning people who ordered in June 2017 wont likely get their cars until Jan-Feb 2018.

Back
Top Bottom