Project Cars 2 is en route :D

Associate
Stark contrast in FFB is really obvious in some cars. Try the M-AMG SLS GT3 then the M-Benz GT3, the FFB in the latter is far far better than the AMG (at least it was on Algarve anyhoo)

The complete lack of a UDP feed has p'ed off lots of console owners who have apps on their phones and stuff...

Associate
...... Not sure I will spend the majority of time playing PC2 this way as the game looks considerably better on my ultrawide. The lack of TrackIR support is a little disappointing but otherwise this looks definitely a worthy follow up to PC1.
If you launch in VR mode and play using the helmet camera TrackIR should work.

Soldato
So then. Anyone with a wheel like to share their thoughts about the FFB in this game ?? Im toying with the idea of getting this, but the ffb is key for me.

Associate
So then. Anyone with a wheel like to share their thoughts about the FFB in this game ?? Im toying with the idea of getting this, but the ffb is key for me.

FFB Some are amazing (look for the new cars, they seem to better polished), some good, some not so good, some plain flat...tracks, weather everything else is more than enough to make use of the good cars and keep you fully entertained.

That's out of the box, you can play with the ffb on the fly in session and, there are still per car tweaks that can fix the not good ones (if you want to drive a particular car), I expect patches will sort the issues over time, but they have one or two fairly pressing issues (multiplayer on PC dies when more than 50 dedicated servers are running, consoles users have absolutely no UDP feed so their companions apps won't work). Nowhere near as bad as the first game at launch though.

That sales pitch about the most fully featured racing game available is bang on...it's not perfect but it's very good.

The patch to fix the multiplayer on PC was worked on late into the night, is being tested over the weekend and will pushed out to Steam on Monday. They've already communicated a workaround through the forums. SMS might be a bit marmite but they fix really bad stuff quickly.

Soldato
As thing stand I prefer VR in AC over PC2. On my computer AC just looks cleaner, sharper and crisper in VR - max settings. In PC2 things just look a little blurred / hazy... Perhaps it has something to do with my settings.

Any advice?

Last edited:
Associate
Had a play around last night, gona spend some time today giving it a go. Can not seem to find how to remove steering wheel and driver arms for cockpit view. Much prefer to look through my own arms and wheel to the dashboard like you can in other PC titles including PC1. Also VR seems to just give me a black screen but with the Hud displays. Anyway early days im sure ill get there.

Soldato
Ok, you need to use a bit of SS with MSAA to get it looking decent IMO.
Personally, I'm happy using Oculus tray tool to lock this and AC to 45fps and use higher graphics settings (4xAA/Medium and 1.6SS) with a 980Ti. It's perfectly smooth for me.
What settings you use depends on whether you want a constant 90fps or not.

Here's what I'm currently using. There are probably things I could turn up, so you definitely could.
Maybe post processing too? I haven't tried it yet.
BVjz2yi.jpg
G4uMo1E.jpg
87aev9A.jpg

Soldato
Had a play around last night, gona spend some time today giving it a go. Can not seem to find how to remove steering wheel and driver arms for cockpit view. Much prefer to look through my own arms and wheel to the dashboard like you can in other PC titles including PC1. Also VR seems to just give me a black screen but with the Hud displays. Anyway early days im sure ill get there.
Yeah, I heard about that - I think you may have to just move the 'seat' forward.

Associate
How can you look through your own arms and wheel in VR? Only jesting I switch them off if I'm not using VR, well I did in PC1 anyway.

Petey, I'd turn off the detailed grass, that was big hitter in PC1 and if you use -skipcrowds in launch properties/options you gain a bit of performance although you might feel lonely...

-pthreads 4 or 6 depending on your cpu will help as well...

Soldato
Detailed grass isn't as big of a problem in this one AFAIK.
I'll keep the crowds, as I only play this for the visuals/atmosphere :) It's not going to replace AC, but the world is a lot more alive and I enjoy the contrast on that front.

Soldato
Loving some of the cars - hating others.

Can't get on with the GT3 cars at all. So sluggish, feels very "disconnected" from the G920 etc. However - loving the Formula Renault cars - great times and races with them. Really get a sense of on the limit with them.

Classic online mind you - racing Formula Renault round Sugo - practice 10 mins, then 10 min qualifying with 6 online players and some AI - qualified 2nd. Good start, led into the first corner, hit the apex on the second perfect and shunted up the rear by AI car, spun onto roof - Race over......20 mins building up to 23 second race................:mad::mad:

Man of Honour

I have the thrustmaster t500rs and in this game the feedback through the wheel is actually very good. In project cars 1 it was mostly quite difficult with most of the cars to keep them right on the edge and it required loads of fiddling to set up cars so that they felt something like you would expect, the difference in this game with the limited cars I have tried is quite something, you get proper feedback as the car starts to break away and bringing it back is so much easier. Last night I did back to back nurburg ring on pc1 then pc2 in the clio and pc2 has it dialed in so much better.

Edit: Mind you after that me and a friend decided to do autumn, wet, 6am laps of the ring in a 2015 mustang. Something is seriously wrong with the mustang in the wet, there is frankly no way that it behaves like it does in the game.. If you leave on driver assists and even touch on the car lights up stability control and traction control straight away, you can pin back the traction control to something like .2 which means you can start to put a little power down but the car will still light up stability control almost constantly and is frankly a bit of a mess to drive and bogs down for long periods of time in slow corners after heavy braking because stability control refuses to let you put any power down. Turn off all the driver assists and the thing just has no traction at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom