The iOS11 Thread

Soldato
Other thing, in the past you could swipe down from top to see any recent notifications you had recent, it kept a minihistory, in or out of app.
How does one access this now?

Soldato
Having some serious battery issues with iOS11 and my 6S 64GB - I’ve hardly used it today and I’m down to 27% battery from a full charge.

In settings>battery it seems Safari has used 30% in the last 24 hours but I don’t see how unless one of my tabs is doing something in the background.

Anyone else having problems?

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Other thing, in the past you could swipe down from top to see any recent notifications you had recent, it kept a minihistory, in or out of app.
How does one access this now?
Scroll up on the notification screen. It’s fantastic, it’s the best implementation yet, in my opinion. It keeps notifications around until you acknowledge them or clear them, but keeps them out of the way after a while.

Soldato
Scroll up on the notification screen. It’s fantastic, it’s the best implementation yet, in my opinion. It keeps notifications around until you acknowledge them or clear them, but keeps them out of the way after a while.

Strange on notification screen, I get nothing from fb, instgram, nothing from bbc news, no game alerts.
Is it meant to show these as the old method did?
Maybe I am on the wrong screen.

Soldato
Flashed ios 11 in my iphone 6+ and the lag was unbearable. I also had problems with the email app, took ages to sync with my bysiness email. Rolled back to ios10.3.3. and couldnt be more happier. I didnt notice any battery drain issues though.

Soldato
Is anyone finding the position of the brightness/volume frustrating? When I try to close the control centre I end up turning the brightness down or muting my phone!

Soldato
updated mine and seem to have a issue within the APP store on the iPhone 6s, under updates within the APP store there is nothing there.

Tried signing out of iCloud / iTunes & App store etc, signed back in, still the same.

Anyone else experiencing this as well ?

Soldato
Also having big battery issues with ios11. My 6s plus always had no issue lasting the day, now I have to charge it in the day and now at 7pm I’ve only 10%! Crazy. According to phone it’s safari which I’ve hardly used!

According to one blog post I read, it's iOS reindexing everything after the update that's killing the battery and it should sort itself out after a few days… not sure how true that is and it's odd that if it is true, iOS is attributing all of that indexing power to Safari.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it becomes more stable.

Soldato
I thought when IOS 11 and Watch OS4 came out that we were able to delete our message off the watch and it would come off the iPhone too. But it is not doing it still.

V F

V F

Soldato
According to one blog post I read, it's iOS reindexing everything after the update that's killing the battery and it should sort itself out after a few days… not sure how true that is and it's odd that if it is true, iOS is attributing all of that indexing power to Safari.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it becomes more stable.

I found doing a complete factory reset through iTunes made the iPad Pro seem as good as what I remember from iOS 8.1.

Though, I cannot say I really like iOS 11. Sure it is fast and smooth but there is lots of niggly things with forums and reply windows. Weather location not working and some other things.

Commissario
Nooooooooooooooo

Can you not longer tap the top of a long webpage to scroll immediately to the top?

Say it ain’t so!
I tried to do a screen recording showing that I can still do this but the bar for stopping screen recording shows at the top so I couldn't actually tap the top of the screen to scroll up. But it's still there and it works.

Back
Top Bottom