• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
This may sound strange and unrelated but does anyone experience tingly hands after holding their phone for a while? Noticed my fingers were quite spongy like I’d been holding a drill for too long.. :p

Associate
This may sound strange and unrelated but does anyone experience tingly hands after holding their phone for a while? Noticed my fingers were quite spongy like I’d been holding a drill for too long.. :p

I get this also but I won’t explain it on here because I will get told to stick a tinfoil hat on lol.

You either have something like a tunnel issue in the hand or you are over sensitive like me.. it’s all I’m going to say before I get foiled ha.. honestly though I’m not sure if it’s the hand set or me. I have had it from two of my last iPhones especially if the charging cable is attached

Associate
About 15 years ago I had carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists/ hands for 6 months, I wouldnt wish that on anyone,that hurts like a b*tch...

xl...out

Sorry getting off topic.. GRAND for a phone..poke it lol

Associate

What phone have you got? I had that issue towards the end of my two years with the 6 Plus, which prompted me to go for the 7. Haven't had any problems since.

Caporegime
The plus was made for people with Marfans syndrome :p my hands are slightly above average and it's still difficult to use one handed for some situations.

It's funny on videos when you see people like The Mountain from game of thrones using an iPhone plus, makes it look like a toy :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes again, because Wireless is 5w maximum, if you are using pretty much anything other than a pants 1A/5V USB mains adapter then you'll be getting 10w/12.5w through the lightning cable on a 2A/2.4A charging brick. :)

Just FYI, there will be a software update to allow 7.5w charging. Hopefully by the time the X ships. Still not a lot of juice but 50% faster than what you have now!

Soldato
As my IP6 has slowed to a standstill I think it's time to upgrade (damn you Apple and your scheming).

I'm looking at an 8 plus. I was looking at "iphone payments" which looks to be the same as the upgrade program without the applecare and upgrade after a year, so basically 20 months interest free. The reason I'm not fussed about the actual upgrade plan is because I already have phone insurance through my bank which covers what applcare+ does (- manufacturer defects) and I'm not fussed about upgrading after a year.

Does anyone have any experience with this? It says you have to do it in store so I can't reserve it beforehand. Was planning on popping by the applestore on Saturday.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
My 6 has slowed down quite a bit with ios11, I'm hoping after a few updates more it'll get slightly faster with optimisation etc.

6s has better hardware, so it's likely you wouldn't see the same slow down.

Soldato
As my IP6 has slowed to a standstill I think it's time to upgrade (damn you Apple and your scheming).

I'm looking at an 8 plus. I was looking at "iphone payments" which looks to be the same as the upgrade program without the applecare and upgrade after a year, so basically 20 months interest free. The reason I'm not fussed about the actual upgrade plan is because I already have phone insurance through my bank which covers what applcare+ does (- manufacturer defects) and I'm not fussed about upgrading after a year.

Does anyone have any experience with this? It says you have to do it in store so I can't reserve it beforehand. Was planning on popping by the applestore on Saturday.

I'm hoping to use this on the X launch. One tactic I've considered is to reserve on the Upgrade Plan, then when I go to store to fill in the paper work for the reservation - swap to the payment plan. Should work?

Soldato
I'm hoping to use this on the X launch. One tactic I've considered is to reserve on the Upgrade Plan, then when I go to store to fill in the paper work for the reservation - swap to the payment plan. Should work?

I was thinking about doing something like this but they may get a bit funny.

From what I've been reading the 8/8+ haven't been selling amazing well so stock hopefully shouldn't be a problem. Just hope they have it in space grey!

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Associate
Has anybody used EE's annual upgrade to change from the 7 plus to 8 plus or are you considering the X instead?
Me I'm in two minds to just ride it out and jump off this programme, it won't be long before they are pushing £100 a month.

Associate
I was thinking about doing something like this but they may get a bit funny.

From what I've been reading the 8/8+ haven't been selling amazing well so stock hopefully shouldn't be a problem. Just hope they have it in space grey!
Last year with Iphone 7, I reserved 2 for upgrade plan and then took one for normal payments, no problem. For them it doesn't matter I think, you can choose at the store whichever option you prefer to buy it. Difficulty will be to actually reserve one IX:/

Soldato
No regular 8's in silver/64gb in stock within about 100 miles of me! Can't order online as I want to use the 0% payment plan.

Doesn't help that the Bluewater store is closed for renovation!

Back
Top Bottom