maj

Soldato
Anyone had any success blocking Twitch ads? It was suggested to block these:

api.mixpanel.com
spade.twitch.tv
pubads.g.doubleclick.net
sb.scorecardresearch.com
but its made no difference.

Edit. It may be working now that I've cleared my cache.

Soldato
I have Amazon Prime and I occasionally watch some content on Twitch. I don't have a Twitch account, what do I need to do here please?

Get yourself a twitch account and then go into amazon to link them. I think it's loosely labelled as "Twitch Prime". You get ad-free viewing and a free monthly sub as well. I think you also get some loot crates.

Associate
I have recently upgraded pi hole to the latest build and since I have noticed I get blank spaces on the log graphs.

Comparing times to my tbb graph it doesn't look like my connection has dropped ... seems to be the same time every morning.

Anyone any ideas please?

EyJL57u.jpg.png

Associate
This update seems to have broken my display - I don't get any numbers in the boxes showing how many blocked requests/domains etc. Nor graphs when I log in. Yet the log shows the pihole to be doing its job.

Associate
Very nifty this is. I have an MSDN subscription through work and get Azure credit. I've created an Ubuntu Server VM with this installed and pointed my router at home to look at my VM. It's running a treat. The VM is only taking 40 quid a month of credit. I get £115 a month.

Soldato
How secure is this ? Followed that page with tons of txt lists (not exe), added it to the pi hole - running it only from my windows pc right now to test before i deploy network wide - seems fast, works ok ? Just wondering how secure as im running my main rig through it.

Running on rasperri pi 1 - latest updated rasperri pi noob OS - changed passwords etc and just installed this - that ok ?

Commissario
Perfectly secure. You're not adding any port forwarding to your router from the outside world to it, it's only accessible from within your network and only DNS requests are passed through it. Security really shouldn't be an issue.

Soldato
Perfectly secure. You're not adding any port forwarding to your router from the outside world to it, it's only accessible from within your network and only DNS requests are passed through it. Security really shouldn't be an issue.

Cool thanks Feek.

New problem, it seems to block some FB functionality - chat isn't working, ill have to reset the lists and find out which one it was lol

Back
Top Bottom