• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Both RX Vega 64 & 56 Beat GTX 1080 Ti in Forza 7 DX12 benchmarks

bru

bru

Soldato
Its probably throttled in some way and the Vega is dealing with it more efficiently, not sure if Nvidia will fix that or not.

Im interested in how the 56 compares to the 64 on this game at same clock speeds, not stock.
du5YqME.png
I always think this test is most important

Ouch a 1080 being matched by an Rx570.

Something seriously wrong with the optimizations with NVIDIA cards there. Probably just non existent.

Permabanned
I only care about the 4K results, there Nvidia looks good.

It'd be great if they could get the majority of games going forward to take advantage of the tech that offers big improvements in Vega's performance, So far these are both Car racing games so it's possible this type of game can use Vega's features more effectively & consistently, With that in mind how Vega handles open world games like FC5 and Wolfy2 is key. Finger's crossed, there's nothing I'd like more than to see my Vega Tri-x giving the Green team a kick up the rear in 2018.

Great to see a win for Vega and even the RX 580 and Fury X are beating out the 1080Ti in this.

Good point, when you look at how AMD's Polaris and Fiji cards are performing compared to the competition it may have nothing to do with Vega's special sauce.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Good to see, but not convince it has anything to do with it using Vega's features as other older cards are doing well also. Chances are Nvidia will just release a driver in the next month or so which will solve the issue.

Associate
Then how do you expect the industry to move forward? If GPU are not pushing for new features then we simple dont move forward.. AMD and Nvidia creating new GPU features allows devs to play around with and push things forward.
You can not expect a new GPU to work to its full capability on its release, they is also a reason why consoles dont always have backwards playback! Its because them games have been designed to the full potential of that hardware..
GPUs are no different!!

This is the same story over and over, look so many new features. The point is most people won't care. Features that are not used by existing games have no value. Those new, shiny features will be obsolete in 2 years and you'll be lucky if you get 3 games which take advantage of them. What is the point? This isn't the first time AMD did it, it just shows a complete lack of understanding of the market and gamers. I want my current games to run well, not the games that have not even been built yet.

In 2 years time, AMD will release another set of new features and the whole cycle starts again. Look, a new GPU architecture takes years to develop. If I was running AMD, I would line up a list of game producers, work with them to implement new technology and then when the new GPU is released then smash the market with 10 or 20 new titles showing off that tech. Then you are making a killing. I just don't see the logic in how they go about it at all.

Permabanned
AMD don't have the chequebook to do what nVidia have been doing. AMD copped a short term margin loss to make these consoles where nVidia in their arrogance told them no because they were greedy and wouldn't do it at the margins required.

Whether it's by design or otherwise, it's happening. nVidia will not get back into the PS or XB ecosystem within another 10yrs no matter how hard they try due to the life cycle of a console and the software ecosystem. Shield was a bit of a crybaby attempt that will go nowhere.

Soldato
You make it sound like they actually planned some stuff. AMD have trouble finding their arse with both hands, or at least they give that impression!! Believe me, any performance uplift due to the console supply is purely accidental...

Very doubt it, AMD will know the hardware in the consoles more than anyone and build desktop GPU to take full advantage of that. VEGA is the first Fully enabled DirectX 12 GPU speaks for itself, its ready to take all that Xbox gaming goodness into the PC platform. Even the new Xbox has a Memory Caching feature just like VEGA HBCC if that isn't planning ahead I dont know what is. Xbox also supports HDMI Freesync bring that into the hands of more gamers!

AMD has been talking about this going way back into Mantle Press slides, this has been there aim for years now!

This is why I choose AMD "UnderDogs" But least they try pushing the industry forward!

Last edited:
Soldato
AMD don't have the chequebook to do what nVidia have been doing. AMD copped a short term margin loss to make these consoles where nVidia in their arrogance told them no because they were greedy and wouldn't do it at the margins required.

Whether it's by design or otherwise, it's happening. nVidia will not get back into the PS or XB ecosystem within another 10yrs no matter how hard they try due to the life cycle of a console and the software ecosystem. Shield was a bit of a crybaby attempt that will go nowhere.

Nvidia simply cant compare against AMD when it comes to all-in-one systems.

Soldato
You make it sound like they actually planned some stuff. AMD have trouble finding their arse with both hands, or at least they give that impression!! Believe me, any performance uplift due to the console supply is purely accidental...
its all part of the amd master plan, they have fooled nvidia into believing they are incompetent and dont know what they are doing

Soldato
Ryzen doing well and ouch at them 4k Nvidia frame times.

AMD is strong, Vega is stronger
The exact look at the benchmarks shows an interesting detail: All graphics cards from AMD are faster than the competition of Nvidia is faster than is usually the case. At Project Cars 2 (Test) it was the other way round. In Forza Motorsport 7, the extreme AMD Radeon RX Vega: RX Vega 64 and RX Vega 56 (test) drive feels in a different racing series and even render faster in low resolutions than the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Top model with Pascal's lead back. The small Vega is still the same GeForce GTX 1080. Nvidia has confirmed the behavior. Whether a further driver will be able to release more power, the editorial staff has so far no statement.

https://www.computerbase.de/2017-09...sts-in-forza-7-auf-einer-rx-vega-64-1920-1080

Soldato

Something seriously wrong with the optimizations with NVIDIA cards there. Probably just non existent.

Nothing wrong here, if anything it just shows how far ahead Nvidia are in general with getting the most out of their hardware. I suppose we could look at Forza 7 as an example of what the performance we can expect from video cards when all the cards are used as they were intended.

Soldato
Nothing wrong here, if anything it just shows how far ahead Nvidia are in general with getting the most out of their hardware. I suppose we could look at Forza 7 as an example of what the performance we can expect from video cards when all the cards are used as they were intended.

Polaris is beating the fastest Pascal card...

Soldato

Well, all the hints was Nvidias DX11 design wouldn't hold up and developers would favour Radeon. I guess we are seeing the fruits of AMD's spade work.

Soldato
Polaris is beating the fastest Pascal card...

Yes it's a shock to the system but it just shows just how far behind AMD have been. On paper though compare the specs of a 570 and a 1080 and ignore the price for moment, is there anything there that would tell you that a 570 shouldn't be around 1080 performance? Everyone is just use to the 1080 being marketed as a high end card which in reality it's not, it's Nvidia's mid ranged chip that been promoted to the high end due the lack of competition so seeing results like we seeing in Forza is just a gentle reminder to everyone of how things should be working.

Back
Top Bottom