• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

Caporegime
Looks a fair bit faster ingame to me, I'm still undecided.

What benchmark are you looking it? The video posted with the review against the 5820k is at stock I think so not really comparable to mine at 4.3ghz.

I was hoping for a 10% IPC increase as well as the 4.7ghz clock but it doesn't look like there are any ipc improvements at all.

Associate
8600k silly price too, if this is gunna be the case im going to ryzen

I forgot about the 8600k. Seems like a lot of people have judging by stock levels, and yeah you're right just lol at that price.

The best hope for a good price is grabbing initial stock at OCUK, after that pricing is going to be stupid until 2018, as any interim stock is going to be priced ridiculously at retailers in my opinion.

Associate
I forgot about the 8600k. Seems like a lot of people have judging by stock levels, and yeah you're right just lol at that price.

The best hope for a good price is grabbing initial stock at OCUK, after that pricing is going to be stupid until 2018.

7820x or 1700 seem the obvious choice for those of us who aren't willing to wait for stock in Nov / Dec.

Nothing wrong with picking up a good X99 board either or just getting the tried and tested 7700k / Z270

Associate
7820x or 1700 seem the obvious choice for those of us who aren't willing to wait for stock in Nov / Dec.

Nothing wrong with picking up a good X99 board either or just getting the tried and tested 7700k / Z270
Must admit from the price point alone I'm thinking of the 7700k at the moment. Only reason I haven;t pulled the trigger yet is I stream so the 8600/8700 would be a nice boot.

Associate
Don't worry intel will offer launch only price reduction...

Genuine lol at that comment.

What a joke VEGA was at launch...

Yeah I think you're right. I'm STILL messing about with different builds. Even done one with a 1600x as a stopgap and it is coming up quite cheap.

My only rush is because I don't have a pc at all. If I did I'd be absolutely fine waiting personally. But to be honest if you're gaming at 1440p and above all the recent cpus are much of a muchness.

On a positive note it seems like the itx rog board is out, I wasn't sure of when it was releasing, so hopefully OCUK will have stock of it (provided I can get a cpu).

Soldato
Been 5 years since my build, and motherboard is starting to die, I've held off for gen8 and now looking at the prices, I'm wondering if Ryzen is really good option to go to. I'm going full spec with a 1080 ti for gaming at 4k and I do a fair amount of video editing.

Soldato
Wonder how many people waiting for today are going to get upset enough to just order a Ryzen rig due to the extremely limited supply of CPU's and the potential wait for a few months to get one?

Associate
If I can't get what I want until Nov/Dec, I will wait and see if Ryzen 2 brings clock speed improvements in Feb in all honesty.

If they manage to make improvements while keeping the prices lower than Intel things are really gonna get interesting, and in all honesty there'll be even less reason to consider Intel....

The reality is aside from epeen, differences in real world usage is minimal, plus you get an upgrade path with amd.

I have a basket with 1600x build and 1080ti and I'm tempted as opposed to 8700k and 1080....

But in the back of my mind I'll be kicking myself if I don't have the absolute best performance even if I won't notice real world life improvements lol

Associate
Wonder how many people waiting for today are going to get upset enough to just order a Ryzen rig due to the extremely limited supply of CPU's and the potential wait for a few months to get one?

Ryzen 1700 or X variant and a top end Z370 board for future upgrade paths. Either that or a top X299 board and 7800x / 7820x for future upgrades through the core count as prices slowly fall over 24 - 36 months

Associate
If they manage to make improvements while keeping the prices lower than Intel things are really gonna get interesting, and in all honesty there'll be even less reason to consider Intel....

The reality is aside from epeen differences in real world usage is minimal, plus you get an upgrade path with amd.

I have a basket with 1600x build and 1080ti and I'm tempted as opposed to 8700k and 1080....

isn't the 1700 non X a better choice - come with a cooler as opposed to the X variants?

Back
Top Bottom