• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

Soldato
That was me, I can fully appreciate how busy you are (especially today), I did mean a full system like this one. Cannot see any updated one's with new cpu and motherboards.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/infi...-watercooled-extreme-gaming-pc-fs-453-oe.html

call up- mention that 8 Pack said he'l do a full build with an i7 8700k for you can you should get through to the right person @8 Pack

I'd advise you to do it sooner rather then later - will come a cut off point were stock cant be edited before launch time im guessing

damn, reading through reviews - finger itching (i7 and aorus 7)

http://www.itocp.com/htmls/18/n-8218-3.html

just wanting a damn i3 K haha

Caporegime
As mentioned, we threw in the Ryzen 7 "just for fun." No we didn't. There is a reason behind it for sure. It is rumored that the Core i5-8600K will cost $260 at launch later today. The Ryzen 1700 and 1700X are both priced less than $300 as of writing this. If you are an overclocking, the CPUs are the same for all intents and purposes, so the $5 price difference makes sense. I am not sure what AMD is thinking however, but that is an article for another day. With the Ryzen 7 being within $35 of the Core i5-8600K I thought that it made a compelling argument to be included here today. You may not agree, and that is one of the reasons I did not wax poetic about 8600K and Ryzen 7 benchmark comparisons on the previous pages. It was however a good data point to have if you are thinking about purchasing a new system.

Associate
Will be even more hilarious if the reviews come out and its not actually any better than the 7700k in games as well :( total fail on Intels part.

Don't think this matters to the ones wanting one this instant. Won't be anytime for consumers to compare reviews before the stock evaporates. I'm just following now to see what the stock / price comes out as.

I'm 95% certain I'm going Ryzen instead of 8700k or X299 platform now. The upgrade path is more wallet friendly and gaming at 1440p; it's more GPU orientated anyway and am I really going to notice the difference between the chips with a 1080Ti for example?

Soldato
Don't think this matters to the ones wanting one this instant. Won't be anytime for consumers to compare reviews before the stock evaporates. I'm just following now to see what the stock / price comes out as.

I'm 95% certain I'm going Ryzen instead of 8700k or X299 platform now. The upgrade path is more wallet friendly and gaming at 1440p; it's more GPU orientated anyway and am I really going to notice the difference between the chips with a 1080Ti for example?

No. You wouldn't notice at 1920x1080 either.

Associate

Exactly, especially if you game at 60hz.

The ryzen 7 doesn't make sense though for gaming in my opinion. Using the logic of only buying what is necessary, you might aswell just go Ryzen 5 1600x at £190 as differences between that and the 8 core are even more minimal than amd vs intel gaming comparisons....

But despite all of that I'm still going to wait to see what the 8600k is priced at, if it's 250ish I'll probably still go for that as I'll feel better inside knowing I've got the "best" processor.

Regardless of what happens I'm buying parts today. I was that desperate I even considered just going to Argos and picking up another console and having "ultimate savings", but playing games at 30fps makes me cry inside.... lol

Soldato
call up- mention that 8 Pack said he'l do a full build with an i7 8700k for you can you should get through to the right person @8 Pack

I'd advise you to do it sooner rather then later - will come a cut off point were stock cant be edited before launch time im guessing

damn, reading through reviews - finger itching (i7 and aorus 7)

http://www.itocp.com/htmls/18/n-8218-3.html

just wanting a damn i3 K haha

Is that CPU, memory and board or everything in a box?

Associate
I've got a trusty 3930K @ 5GHz but really old graphics, was looking at a 1700 non x and a 1080Ti but thought it would be worth checking out the 8700K.

My issue is I'm running 7830x1440 so will be looking at SLi maybe and also what I might gain with higher CPU clocks of Intel over AMD

Associate
CPU's are live now here, just ordered a 8350k for my Dads build, collect this evening. 8400 showing delivery in 1-3 days, 8700K was showing more than 10, now only 8. I'm looking for the 8600k though, no sign of that anywhere

Soldato
Exactly, especially if you game at 60hz.

The ryzen 7 doesn't make sense though for gaming in my opinion. Using the logic of only buying what is necessary, you might aswell just go Ryzen 5 1600x at £190 as differences between that and the 8 core are even more minimal than amd vs intel gaming comparisons....

But despite all of that I'm still going to wait to see what the 8600k is priced at, if it's 250ish I'll probably still go for that as I'll feel better inside knowing I've got the "best" processor lol.

I wouldn't pay £250 for the 8600K when the 1700 and 1700X are around the same price and the 1600X is £100 less. The 8400 for around £150 could be interesting. Just need a £60 motherboard ideally with a clock generator.

Associate
I wouldn't pay £250 for the 8600K when the 1700 and 1700X are around the same price and the 1600X is £100 less. The 8400 for around £150 could be interesting.

Fair point.

Thoughts on the i3 8350k? That might also be worth a shout, still capable for gaming and you kinda have an upgrade path if you want more cores....

As always price is going to determine the value of things. I'm curious what the rrp is of the i3 k.

Soldato
Fair point.

Thoughts on the i3 8350k? That might also be worth a shout, still capable for gaming and you kinda have an upgrade path if you want more cores....

As always price is going to determine the value of things. I'm curious what the rrp is of the i3 k.

Yeah maybe, but it's just a 6600K. I suppose it depends on what you have now.

Associate
8350k now only 8 left, 8700k is only 5 left, these will be pre-sold before 2pm! I really consider the 8700k, would go for it if it turns out the 8600k isn't going to show up for weeks.

Edit, one shop shows 20 on order to arrive the 10th, that would do :)

Soldato
Enthusiast = Cash Cow, these days.
It's not an enthusiast part (although considering the inflated launch prices and lack of availability of lower-end motherboards you might be fooled into thinking it is). The whole point of coffee lake was to match AMD's higher core count offerings on a mainstream platform.

Associate

Exactly, then it just comes down to personal preference and once you get past the whole benchmarking, mine is better than yours part and actually use the components to play games you enjoy then the whole this chip is better at cinebench but not as good at futuremark conversation is defunct.

Back
Top Bottom