• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1366 X58 Xeon 5650

Associate
dont want to spam the thread, cant find out how to do it correctly, neither by general code or html, it wont show, so i uploaded the Url from imgur

Last edited:
Associate
Hello fellow X58'rs!
Im currently running an asus sabretooth X58, i7950 D0 with 2x4gb coarsair vengence.
Its taken many weeks of playing but i am now benching at 4300Mhz 205x2. Vcore is at 1.4v and qpi is at 1.35v. RAM IS AT 1640Mhz, 1.65v.
Ill post more setting for reference soon. Temps reach 73 under a kraken ken x61.
This is quite a remarcable system, even after all these years. Gonna grab a Xeon for it in the next few weeks.

Associate
Sadly my X58 P6T Deluxe motherboard died last week.

It showed no signs of dieing and just the night before worked fine for 5 hours without any errors come the morning wouldnt power up.

Tested everything, 2 x PSUs, 2 x CPUs, breadboarded the system on card board with nothing except a CPU... just wouldnt start up would shut down within a split second
like it was shorting. Couldnt see any defective caps or damage.

Anyway got a new i7 7800X system now.

Soldato
Sadly my X58 P6T Deluxe motherboard died last week.

It showed no signs of dieing and just the night before worked fine for 5 hours without any errors come the morning wouldnt power up.

Tested everything, 2 x PSUs, 2 x CPUs, breadboarded the system on card board with nothing except a CPU... just wouldnt start up would shut down within a split second
like it was shorting. Couldnt see any defective caps or damage.

Anyway got a new i7 7800X system now.
Sucks. I always try to keep up with the CPU market because I know mine could go bang at any point, being 8+ years old. Out of curiosity, did you consider Ryzen or Coffee Lake at all? The latter especially is basically a higher-clocked, lower-priced i7-7800X (without the extra X299 platform features of course), although good luck to anyone trying to find one right now.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I have no plans on upgrading my system right now, though I sometimes wonder if I might be glad for it to die so I'm forced to get a new system! Ryzen 1700 is the only option in my mind... excellent performance for a reasonable price.

Associate
Sucks. I always try to keep up with the CPU market because I know mine could go bang at any point, being 8+ years old. Out of curiosity, did you consider Ryzen or Coffee Lake at all? The latter especially is basically a higher-clocked, lower-priced i7-7800X (without the extra X299 platform features of course), although good luck to anyone trying to find one right now.

I wanted Coffeelake but didnt want to wait (this happened a couple of weeks ago) and I had no system.

I had work to finish and people pestering me, so I got a good deal on the i7 7800X and built the system pretty fast just to shut people up.

Luckily everything booted up and worked first time without problems and is stable. NVMe drive is nice at 3000MB/sec read speeds.

I may look for another X58 motherboard just to use as a backup PC since I have the parts still (Xenon X5650 / 8GB RAM / Cooler ) .

Back
Top Bottom