*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Caporegime
While you can't play the 'cancel' bluff, you can play the 'downgrade my package as it's far too expensive' card. The deals may not be as good as cancellations can offer but you can usually get something if you have premium channels.

Man of Honour
Interesting - thanks. Thought they'd tell me where to go at that point, with 6 months left to go! Somewhat risky for me as I literally only have Sky for Sports. In your opinion, what sort of deal would I be looking at after 12 months? I currently pay £20 for 'original with Sports' and £6 for HD (normal total price £62) - I'm assuming I'll get something similar to that again next month. Cheers.

Associate
Had a call from Sky today. I told them that Virgin were offering v6 box, upgrade to my fibre from 70mb to 200mb plus their full house + sports package for an extra £22 and the lady on the phone offered me sky q boxsets and movies (current package) for £54.... told her i obviously would not go for that...she said that was the best offer She could offer and that I would not get anything as good as my current 60%.... if nithing happens in the next 2 weeks I will just change to virgin and that’s that.

Soldato
While you can't play the 'cancel' bluff, you can play the 'downgrade my package as it's far too expensive' card. The deals may not be as good as cancellations can offer but you can usually get something if you have premium channels.
Mmm.....interesting as I wasn't bluffing and am now with virgin for 12months. Surely when a loyal customer of 28yrs tells you he is gonna quit you would make some effort to keep them. Nada, nothing, no offer to stay. Bluntly put, Sky ****** up.

Caporegime
Mmm.....interesting as I wasn't bluffing and am now with virgin for 12months. Surely when a loyal customer of 28yrs tells you he is gonna quit you would make some effort to keep them. Nada, nothing, no offer to stay. Bluntly put, Sky ****** up.

It's all done by computer these days. Different customers have different offers, depending on many factors, what package you've had, tenure, whether Virgin is available to your property etc. but if you were that intent on getting an offer, why didn't you contact them during your 31 day notice period? You tried to play the cancel bluff and it didn't work.

Soldato
Holy crap we just received a bill of £92. Seems our Sky q offer from last year has ran out. I knew it was due soon but as there was no warning I thought it would be next month.

Gonna cancel everything today and hope they can offer something reasonable.

Did you ever get offered anything? I'm going to be in the same boat very soon.

Soldato
After a very long and annoying chat with them that took a day of slow replies online they eventually let me keep all channels, box sets, movies, q box and q mini for £44.

Good deal! Did you actually have to cancel or just whinge at them a lot?

EDIT: Just spotted there's no Sports in there - did you give that up? Not quite as good a deal in that case I guess.

Soldato
Good deal! Did you actually have to cancel or just whinge at them a lot?

EDIT: Just spotted there's no Sports in there - did you give that up? Not quite as good a deal in that case I guess.

Yeah I just gave up the sports cos we werent really watching them. I dont really mind paying 45 for everything, obviously it sucks compared to 35 last year but I felt that deal was too good to be true anyway.

We pay the 45 for Sky and 34 for virgin 200mb. Near 80 quid is a lot of money but its meant we can get the TV service we like and the faster internet we like too.

Soldato
Yeah I'm paying £29 for VM200 and £56 for Sky Q with free sports & movies. The latter is going up to £92 full price next month so I'd be forking out £121 without any discount. Not expecting miracles but want the total under £100 ideally.

Associate
I just got TV and sports discounted by 40% and upgrade to fibre with 50% off. After originally phoning to arrange a cheaper deal and being offered nothing i went ahead and cancelled, rang me back a week later with some offers. £70 with regular internet to £60 with fibre and new hub. Fairly happy with that.

Soldato
It's all done by computer these days. Different customers have different offers, depending on many factors, what package you've had, tenure, whether Virgin is available to your property etc. but if you were that intent on getting an offer, why didn't you contact them during your 31 day notice period? You tried to play the cancel bluff and it didn't work.
Erm no. As stated previously, in another post, I wasn't looking for a discount as I wanted to try Virgin out. Was commenting with regards to other posts from forum members who were also not getting offers to stay. I think we were surprised Sky had no offers to try and temp us to stay when all I've read on this thread is others getting offers of 50%, 60% off. I didn't contact them because I didn't want to. Done by computer eh LOL.

Caporegime
Erm no. As stated previously, in another post, I wasn't looking for a discount as I wanted to try Virgin out. Was commenting with regards to other posts from forum members who were also not getting offers to stay. I think we were surprised Sky had no offers to try and temp us to stay when all I've read on this thread is others getting offers of 50%, 60% off. I didn't contact them because I didn't want to. Done by computer eh LOL.
My apologies, I got the impression from your post you wanted them to phone and try and keep you.

Soldato
Yeah I just gave up the sports cos we werent really watching them. I dont really mind paying 45 for everything, obviously it sucks compared to 35 last year but I felt that deal was too good to be true anyway.

We pay the 45 for Sky and 34 for virgin 200mb. Near 80 quid is a lot of money but its meant we can get the TV service we like and the faster internet we like too.

I'd get back on the phone. You should be having full sports hd for that amount a month. It annoys me when everyone in the country is paying a different amount.

Soldato
My apologies, I got the impression from your post you wanted them to phone and try and keep you.
Hi, no need to apologise, I was surprised they didn't phone and I will admit a little disappointed they didn't try at all to be honest. But heyho I am enjoying the virgin V6 box, way better than I thought it would be. Impressed with the virgin service too. All good now.

Associate
My concern with this is that, correct me if I'm wrong, your deal will be for 12 months but the added Sky Q contract will be for 18 months. This means you'll be tied into Sky for 6 months at full price. I'd do this myself if I could, but don't think it's possible to get an 18 month deal with Sky+HD!

I managed to get a rolling contract on the discounted price. So hopefully the logic will be I go with a 18 month skq deal and pay an extra £12 per month alongwith my discounted sky deal at £40 per month ( for everything ). I am hoping that will work....

Associate
Just got a letter for 50% off any sky tv bundle..
Apperantly any dky tv bundle does not include sky q.

Will be getting in touch with virgin to get their new v6 box instead.

Soldato
Any decent offers going around at the moment? :o I like Sky but Sky+HD w/ Sky Sports + BT Sports (think its through BT anyway), Fibre 38Mb and Anytime phone is circa £100 a month and that's eye watering. I'd like SkyQ but they offered nothing on the phone :(

Back
Top Bottom