Sub £500 43-49" TV needed

Associate
I want to start watching TV in my bedroom now ive actually got a huge comfy bed, weve got this old crappy 26" 720p panel in there that doesnt even turn on sometimes, so we rarely use it.
I want to get a huge TV wall mounted in there, myself and the wife are both blind as a bat so wanted to go larger than is really needed to be honest, the 26" i need a magnifying glass for.

I obviously only want this as a bedroom TV so some kinda £2k OLED panel isnt worth it at all (ill save that for the front room lol)
It'll mainly be used for Netflix, so for the extra money its worth getting a cheap 4k panel i would imagine?
Price difference from 1080p panels to 4k at this sorta price range isnt much.
Also i would want some kinda media player built in so i can watch stuff from my pc downstairs, or would it be better to get some kinda external media player for this?
Any help is much appreciated

Associate
Picked up an LG 43UJ670V (£479) for my parents this week and they seem impressed. Had a play around on it and the smart interface is really nice to use. It has network connectivity but cannot comment on how well that works as they don't have anything to network with. With wall mounting in mind its not the thinnest tv but it does mean the sound is decent without the need for a sound bar.

Soldato
/\/\/\/\/\ Chinese yes, Rubbish = subject to other peoples opinions really. I've never owned said make of telly or sold one in my electrical retail days. I would say they are probably going to be on the level that LG & Samsung were 20 years ago. Given the choice I'd rather buy a Hisense than Vestel any day of the week.

Associate
Are they Chinese rubbish?

Build quality is on par with lower end Samsung/LG/Sony sets but generally offer a better spec/panel size for the price.

Basically, if you have 2k to spend, hisense isn't for you. However, if you want a large set on a budget, they are very much worth considering.

Associate
OP
Just found out im getting double discount from work (tesco) in a week so 20% off anything online, looking through Tesco direct now to see whats a good deal with 20% discount

Back
Top Bottom