Which Skoda Octy Diesel?

Associate
1.6Tdi 110ps or 2.0tdi 150ps? I’m trying to balance economy, reliabilty and some performance. Will be used for work around 20k miles a year

Would the choice be affected by any future tax changes on Diesels?

Associate
1.6Tdi 110ps or 2.0tdi 150ps? I’m trying to balance economy, reliabilty and some performance. Will be used for work around 20k miles a year

Would the choice be affected by any future tax changes on Diesels?

I haven't driven the 2.0 TDI, but had the 1.6 TDI in an A3 loan car whilst my Octavia VRS was out of action. It was noisy and slow but was pretty good on fuel. 60mpg wasn't hard to achieve on a motorway run. I suspect the 2.0 TDI 150 will less unpleasant overall and given that both are Euro 6 standard I doubt one will be worse than the other for future taxation/penalties on diesels.

Last edited:
Associate
you driven a Focus ST-3 TDCI ? things pull like Train with standard 400nm torque but when its 510nm damn and then 250bhp on stage 2r. buying mine in June and will get stage 2kit with DPF delete . guy who runs a thread on facebook just got 278.4 BHP at the engine today on dyno with Pumaspeed stage 2

reason i ask is because i driven the 2.0 TDI and the Focus ST-3 TDCI standard and the ST wipes the floor with the VRS , was all set to buy VRS too as saving my pennies .

depends if your buying brand new with Diesels .. the ST brand new is about £140 a year , if i buy the 66 plate then its £20 .

Back
Top Bottom