8Packs no BS testing Intel 8700K and Z370 with Delid 5ghz and above available from OCUK.

Soldato
I know I could delid myself but I wouldn't be willing to lose warranty, at the end of the day I will probably only lose 100-200mhz right? I'd like to thank you though for doing this, about what I expected it to be just a 7700k with some extra cores.

Associate
Hi 8 pack I’m looking at upgrading my 4770k and seen as you have tested what Ryzen has to offer and now the 8700k what would be the chip of your choice for a gaming rig, cheers boss

Associate
Was a little worried after I bought it only finding it only comes with a 1 year warranty. What’s the % of binned cpu having issues after warranty runs out? Hopefully it’ll be fine

My 8Pack bundled Haswell E CPU died last Friday after two years faithful service. However, I’d be willing to bet I was one of very few unlucky ones as CPUs rarely die.

Associate
Wow, unlucky dude :(

I've had many many overclocked cpu's and never had one degrade let alone die!

Think it’s the first CPU in my group of friends to ever die and the worst part is it wasn’t even running on the overclocked settings at the time! Plus I just spent £860 on a new monitor last month and the missus is going to start questioning my ability to save up for our upcoming first baby! :p
After testing each component and concluding it was ether the CPU or mobo I bought myself a new mobo as I was sure that would be the far more likely candidate. However, I guess that can be returned for a refund to OCUK? If not I guess that’s more money I’ve wasted. :L

When I get back from work today I’ll have a new mobo, Ryzen CPU, RAM and cooler waiting for me so I can get back up and running. The old mobo, RAM, cooler and a few other bits and bobs will be donated to my nephews first rig he wants to build for his Christmas.

Edit:Oh, I also just finally learned to drive for the upcoming baby last month and bought my first car at £10.7k with extortionate insurance. My missus must be a very patient women!

Associate
A dead CPU would suggest to me an undue excess of voltage applied to it in the BIOS. Because voltage is the thing that will kill a cpu. If that were in fact the reason you should have seen higher temperatures too. If not the cause well... X99 does have a reputation for being a tricky platform. There are specific ways it can throw tantrums, which we just don't see at all on the regular consumer side (non-HEDT) platforms. Other guys here know all about X99 issues not me so I'll happily defer to them to explain your issue :)

Associate
Amazing work 8 Pack, great to see CPUs advancing so much. Very tempted and good value considering the amount of effort it takes to OC and Delid and the fact you lose warranty.

Associate
8 Pack, I am interested in the 5Ghz delid although I have a delid tool bought from OCuk already. I have a kraken x64 280mm AIO (this is fine right?) and I am looking at either the gigabyte gaming 7 motherboard or Asus Hero to go with my 8700k. Which would you recommend? I am upgrading from a 7600k 5Ghz

Soldato
8 Pack, I am interested in the 5Ghz delid although I have a delid tool bought from OCuk already. I have a kraken x64 280mm AIO (this is fine right?) and I am looking at either the gigabyte gaming 7 motherboard or Asus Hero to go with my 8700k. Which would you recommend? I am upgrading from a 7600k 5Ghz

Either one mate. I have the gaming 7 and it's a great board as well. You also get £40 voucher from gigabyte

Associate
Thanks guys, yeah hard for me to decide also as they are both great boards but I have always been an ASUS fan. But the gaming 7 although still premium grade looks beautiful and I usually factor that into my purchases also. I might end up flipping a coin haha but then again the £40 vouchers might be the deal breaker even though I was leaning towards the Hero

Back
Top Bottom