The iOS11 Thread

Soldato
Dunno if it’s just a placebo, but 11.0.2 seems to have fixed a few glitches on my 9.7” iPad Pro. Performance also seems a bit better too.

Associate
Good to hear that OCdude.

I keep getting constant prompts (iPad Air 2/iPhone 6 (non s) that say "install ios11.0.0 or later then visit the AppStore to download the latest versions of' numbers/pages/keynote/word/excell, third party apps, 4th party, everything - more or less.

However, you've got to watch for the apps you use a lot but dont support 64 bit, and there are some on my iPad that dont (KORG MUSIC apps for example). And there's no certainty that the developers will migrate to 64 bit so, for now, ill leave things alone and say on 10.3.3

Tony

Don
Has anyone’s car audio gone **** up since upgrading to 11? Airplay is ok still but usb connection to the car and the car doesn’t display the correct music info nor do the audio controls work anymore.

I still think the battery life is now appalling.

Don
My battery life has really suffered since upgrading to 11.
I used to finish the day with 70% battery left on my iPhone 7+ every day. With the same usage pattern I'm now down to 40%.
Same deal with my iPad Air 2. I used to have to charge it once per week. Since 11 I've had to charge it every 4 days. I've not been using it any more than I did before.
My Watch Series 1 seems worse too. Down to 40% after a day rather than 60% before. Watch is also much slower with much stuttering and several animations (such as the fitness data sort of spiralling when opened) removed.

Not impressed with this year's updates at all TBH.

Soldato
Is it worth installing 11.02 on a iPhone 6? I'm currently on 10.3.1 at the moment. I haven't used 11 at all yet or seen it

Soldato
Every year, new software release, every year bugs, every year endless complaints of how it's a poor update?

It's bound to happen. Don't upgrade until X.0.3 if you want to avoid as many bugs as possible.

I think it's an excellent update, bugs aside. Animations are way nicer.

Back
Top Bottom