• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel i7 6700hq undervolting

Associate
Hi there,

I have an Alienware 13 r3 with an i7 6700hq. I underwent a motherboard replacement 2 days ago and I seem to be having some undervolt issues. I use Intel Extreme Tuning Utlity and before replacing my motherboard I was undervolting to a voltage offset of -130 and was gaming with no problems whatsoever. Now after the replacement the laptop crashes even at -40 without gaming at all, and just browsing the internet for example. I have no idea if the motherboard swap is connected in any way to be honest, but the issues started once I got the new one installed. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Nick

Soldato
Pretty sure that's a BGA chip so you probably have a new CPU too. Possibly the TIM might not be as good and this chip runs hotter.

Back
Top Bottom