• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Share your Ryzen 1600 Overclock here

Soldato
Well.. I have managed to reduce the timings on my memory from C16-18-18-18-36 to C14-16-16-16-36 as a first stab at it on the new tomahawk bios. It actually worked this time.

However, for some reason my overclock on the CPU doesn't appear to be working as previously. It is set to 37, but still shows up as a 3.2Ghz chip, and the score is 100 points below where it was previously in CB. I have disabled Cool and quiet, yet it still also downclocks to 3.2/3.4 looking in CPU-z :(

Anyone experience this?

Permabanned
How can I test stability,

I have the 1600x
MSI B350m Mortar M-ATX motherboard
2 x 8gb sticks of the 8 pack Team group memory running at 3200 mhz,
Corsair GTX 100i AIO

I'm not an overclocker beyond a simple multiplier increase so no voltage changes etc.

The memory as mentioned is at 3200 mhz and I changed the multiplier so the cpu is at 4.1 ghz. CPU-z confirms that.

Judging from what I've read in this thread I doubt very much it's sustainable but what should I use to test it and what can I use to monitor temps I usually use Real Temp 3.70 but this cpu isn't supported.
I can bench Heaven okay but want to know what else to try Cheers.

Soldato
How can I test stability,

I have the 1600x
MSI B350m Mortar M-ATX motherboard
2 x 8gb sticks of the 8 pack Team group memory running at 3200 mhz,
Corsair GTX 100i AIO

I'm not an overclocker beyond a simple multiplier increase so no voltage changes etc.

The memory as mentioned is at 3200 mhz and I changed the multiplier so the cpu is at 4.1 ghz. CPU-z confirms that.

Judging from what I've read in this thread I doubt very much it's sustainable but what should I use to test it and what can I use to monitor temps I usually use Real Temp 3.70 but this cpu isn't supported.
I can bench Heaven okay but want to know what else to try Cheers.

I found AIDA 64 to find instability on ryzen quite quickly.
There are things like OCCT, realbench, prime95.

Permabanned
I found AIDA 64 to find instability on ryzen quite quickly.
There are things like OCCT, realbench, prime95.

Thanks, I installed HWINFO and it showed the voltage bouncing around 1.41 to 1.46 which I didn't like so I just dropped the overclock to 3.9 but the voltage didn't change and is sat at 1.41, I may leave it at stock for now and watch some overclocking Ryzen guides. Cheers for the info.

Soldato
Strangely BF1 is very good at finding instability. If you can play multiplayer on a 64 player server for an hour or more you are well on your way. When overclocking my ram realbench etc. was fine but BF1 would still crash if I took the overclocking a little too far.

Soldato
Strangely BF1 is very good at finding instability. If you can play multiplayer on a 64 player server for an hour or more you are well on your way. When overclocking my ram realbench etc. was fine but BF1 would still crash if I took the overclocking a little too far.
I also found overwatch to be really quick at detecting memory errors.

Permabanned
For some reason when I did the overclock on the cpu the memory got down clocked to 2133 from the 3200 I set it at (XMP profile 2). I've got it back on auto for now with the memory back at 3200.

Soldato
For some reason when I did the overclock on the cpu the memory got down clocked to 2133 from the 3200 I set it at (XMP profile 2). I've got it back on auto for now with the memory back at 3200.

Same..i had 5 mins so just over clocked to 3.7 and it worked great. Tried setting manual memory to 3200 with settings that worked previously... No dice. Memory training fails lol. Bear in mind I have had this boot up with lower timings and this memory is "made for ryzen" at these specs.

Soldato
Ryzen_1600.png

Soldato
On the flip side, I have a motherboard (ASRock X370 Fatal1ty K4) which struggles with high speed memory. It's so bad in fact that they have declared it EOL after only a few months. :mad:

Permabanned
Same..i had 5 mins so just over clocked to 3.7 and it worked great. Tried setting manual memory to 3200 with settings that worked previously... No dice. Memory training fails lol. Bear in mind I have had this boot up with lower timings and this memory is "made for ryzen" at these specs.

I'll have a play around after I've watched a video or two on Ryzen overclocking and my motherboard.

Soldato
On the flip side, I have a motherboard (ASRock X370 Fatal1ty K4) which struggles with high speed memory. It's so bad in fact that they have declared it EOL after only a few months. :mad:

It wasn't terrible at all, and they've just dropped it due to the Gaming X being almost identical, and low end X370 boards being poor sellers vs. the Taichi etc. Which RAM were you running in it, and what sort of speed were you trying to achieve?

Soldato
It wasn't terrible at all, and they've just dropped it due to the Gaming X being almost identical, and low end X370 boards being poor sellers vs. the Taichi etc. Which RAM were you running in it, and what sort of speed were you trying to achieve?

It is, look on the ASRock forums to see how many people can't get it stable above 2400. I'm running Trident Z RGB 3200 @ 2400.

Back
Top Bottom