moan about new washer

Soldato
I've just bought a new Washing machine (bosch)
as the old one was integrated I replaced it with another integrated model.
I knew when ordering that it would be a tight fit (depth)

It has arrived and I've pushed it in to place and I think it is possibly 2 -3 cm too deep for my (standard) 600mm worktop.
Which now means I will have to remove plasterboard from the wall behind it to get it to fit properly.

Why the hell do companies make them so bloomin deep :(

Soldato
I've just bought a new Washing machine (bosch)
as the old one was integrated I replaced it with another integrated model.
I knew when ordering that it would be a tight fit (depth)

It has arrived and I've pushed it in to place and I think it is possibly 2 -3 cm too deep for my (standard) 600mm worktop.
Which now means I will have to remove plasterboard from the wall behind it to get it to fit properly.

Why the hell do companies make them so bloomin deep :(

They do it to have the larger headline capacities to get sales. They can only make the drums so big, so they have to start making them deeper. I realised this a few years ago when we were looking for a new machine, and with all of them lined up in the store, you could see that some of them are significantly deeper than others. They'd be fine in a separate utility/laundry room, but they are far too deep to sit under a standard worktop in a kitchen.

As with everything, you have to measure twice and cut once.

Soldato
OP
i knew it was tight and I was aware that I might have to cut the plasterboard before buying, so I didn't go in blind to be honest.
its just annoying that its literally 1-2cm

Soldato
OP
Ive taken the plasterboard off the wall behind the washer and it seems to fit now.
I don't have a forstner bit to drill the door so I don't know for certain yet.

got to level the machine yet, but the screw on the front that you have to turn to raise the back legs seems to be 10 turns per 0.1mm :(

Soldato
Ive taken the plasterboard off the wall behind the washer and it seems to fit now.
I don't have a forstner bit to drill the door so I don't know for certain yet.

got to level the machine yet, but the screw on the front that you have to turn to raise the back legs seems to be 10 turns per 0.1mm :(
This is a pretty extreme action to take?! Why didnt you just return it and buy one the fit?!

Soldato
OP
This is a pretty extreme action to take?! Why didnt you just return it and buy one the fit?!
Not bother about what the wall looks like behind a washing machine that I can't see.
would rather have a better washer, than return it for something that fits that is rubbish.

one of the main factors for buying this washer was its a quiet one, our downstairs is all open plan and I have to say, it is much quieter.

Soldato
Did the old one have a cut off plug directly wired into the wall, and the new one have a plug attached and plugged into the wall?
This would be enough to push it out the 2-3cms

Soldato
I replaced our integrated washing machine for a Bosch integrated last year. Fitting was fairly straight forward, but I did screw a board down over the floor to form a flat and secure surface, and new holes where required in the door for the hinges. But it's all spot on. The thing wasn't cheap, and it's made in Germany if that means anything. It's a lot quieter than our last one!

Back
Top Bottom