PSU minefield? Itx build suggestions.

Associate
Hi all. Why is selecting a PSU such a minefield these days?
I'm building a ryzen ITX build with r3 1200 oc, (waiting for the refresh next year before going higher in the CPU)
Rx570 and 1 nvme drive. 1 Sata ssd.

So I dont need a huge PSU, been looking at the 450 to 520w but with goods Amps. Standard ATX does fit my case hence not looking at SFX etc

But with all the reviews always something wrong with one or the other.

Budget is £50-75 give or take.

Looked at the following:
Corsair cx450m 2015
Seasonic modular M12ii evo 520
Silverstone strider plus 500

Any recommendations??

Thanks
Dave

Soldato
I see you said you're not after a sfx psu but in an itx build any spare room is a big help.
The Corsair sf450 can be had at the moment within your budget if you shop around and it gets excellent reviews.

Just a thought.

Someone with more knowledge about the psu's you've mentioned will come along and help more. In the meantime check out jonnyguru's reviews on the listed psu's, he's the go to guy for psu reviews.

Associate
OP
Thanks.
I thought I'd looked at that and dismissed it for some reason but I've had a look at I can't think why, especially as it's gold rated.

I have a thermaltake v1 which fits an ATX PSU underneath the motherboard, but if I choose to go smaller at some point (I fancy a scratchbuild tiny case project) this might be worth it thanks.

Dave

Soldato
Be mindful it wont push lots of power hungry components but this shouldn't be an issue with an ITX case.(will easily power what you've listed.) There is a 600w version too for a little more if you feel you need it which again gets good reviews.

You might also need an SFF to ATX adapter to fit it to your thermaltake which adds a bit more cost.

The Seasonic M12ii evo 520 also gets very good reviews and out of the ones you've listed gets my vote if you did want an ATX unit.

Associate
OP
Thanks.
I had spotted that the sf450 would need a bracket.
I did like the idea of the seasonic evo, but have been reading up on the be quiet pure power 10 the semi modular version. 80+ silver with dual rail and 500W.

But they all seem fairly similar, just a case of hitting the purchase button now.

Regards
Dave.

Back
Top Bottom