not sure if this is a mb problem.

Associate
I bought the maximus hero 10 with some 3200 vengance ram togo with my i7 8770k that i was luckly enough to get today.

The system is up and running at 5.2. The weird thing is though that when i start the pc up it takes about 3 seconds and I am at the windows 10 login part of the boot up. It then takes about 65 seconds before i dare click anything cause its slow as hell! After that period of time it works fine.

i have the same evo 840 ssd which is the boot drive with the same version on windows 10 I had before the install. I have the m2 drive plugged in and my 3rd raptor drive for storgae plugged in . Can anyone give me any ideas what might be wrong?

Associate
USB device causing it to hang ? or optical drive with media in it ? See what processes are scheduled to start with windows if not them could be something like that.

Associate
OP
Not a fresh install. Same as I had with my hero 6 board but I did run cc cleaner . All I have in the USB slots are the keyboard and the mouse. I don't have any cd/dvd players attached anymore. I will try a reboot and see if it shows anything .

Associate
OP
Well I ended up unplugging my pro ssd and the raptor I have. Reinstalled windows onto my m2 drive and it now boots up in 5 seconds. So not sure if it just needed a new install of windows or if the fact the M2 has its own slot right next to the cpu .Thanks for the advice though folks :)

Back
Top Bottom