Gran Turismo "Sport"

Don
At least it saves the boring grind from getting your first car - a Demio/something equally **** - and pointlessly going through the motions in the Sunday Driver Leagues.

That was my favourite bit though - once money became no object it became too easy, up until that point it felt like logical progression, and forced you drive certain types of car you would otherwise not consider.

I'm just not a fan of a completely open sandbox, that was my main issue with Project Cars. Whilst it was a great simulator with full race weekends etc, and flexibility to do whatever sort of race you liked, to me that was it's biggest downfall in that I didn't actually know what I wanted to do, and after driving your favourite car around your favourite track a few times, it felt like a chore and I lost interest.

Soldato
OP
I understand what you mean, but they've followed everyone bar Forza on that one unfortunately. :(

Only thing you could do, is sort of restrict yourself and only progress when you feel ready to master the next group.

Soldato
Took a couple of races to figure out that "auto counter steering" was mucking me about. Turned that off and things improved massively for me

With general racing or in counter steering only?

I tried the auto counter steering at every value but it didn't seem to actually help with anything. Maybe 1 in 10 oversteer I'd fishtail but eventually get the car back under control but the rest it would snap back the other way and I'd spin. I came to the conclusion it is because the delay in the steering - if you go from full lock and let go of the stick there was a delay (maybe half a second? maybe more) before the in game wheel would straighten up. I don't think this was related to the auto counter steering but wondering if there was some other option I was missing.

On the subject of delays, did anyone notice the super slow gear changes in manual cars? I know it wont be as quick as cars with sequential boxes but eye balling the clock it takes about a second change gear.

Oversteering isn't part of racing too much though and the gear change is the same for everyone so not too big of an annoyance and I am really tempted to get it on release.

Soldato
Lewis Hamilton to Appear as the Maestro of Gran Turismo Sport

It has been announced that the 3 time F1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton will be appearing in ‘Gran Turismo Sport’ as the mentor and Maestro who will lead and guide the players. The movie “Lewis Hamilton and Gran Turismo Sport - Introduction” has also been released for your viewing.

Lewis Hamilton will reveal his driving philosophy, techniques, and his way of life through driving images and interviews for the players of Gran Turismo Sport. His driving footage, theories and episodes will provide valuable advice to many players who strive to be just as fast and strong as the Maestro himself.

Comment from Lewis Hamilton
“I have been playing Gran Turismo since I was a child, so to actually be part of the gameplay design has been an incredible experience.”

Comment from Gran Turismo Series Producer Kazunori Yamauchi
"From watching Lewis drive on TV all these years, I had an idea of how he might drive, but the experience of watching him drive in person was well beyond my wildest expectations. And I'm really glad to be able to share his driving philosophy with all Gran Turismo players.”

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5007038.html

Soldato
Hmmm... I'm not really getting on with this. I don't seem to get much feedback from the car at all when I am near to the edge, it is just snap / spin, in the supposedly very controllable GT86! The steering is very woolly with a long delay between turning left and right which certainly doesn't help. The gear changes feel very strange with a very long gear change and uncomfortable blip changing up a gear in manual geared cars. To such an extent that I kept failing the 0-100m breaking challenge even though I was braking so early that my rear bumper was only just into the chequered stop area. The game still has rolling starts where you start a quarter of a mile behind the leader so it less racing and just catching up to the leader over a very short 2 lap race, and the first row of licence tests are useless at introducing you to the game physics - 7 tests before you show us a corner, really? spending 5 minutes in arcade mode lets you get a feel for the game much better.

On the plus side, the tyre sound has finally been dialled back to sensible levels. In fact the in sound in general is very good now.

Overall not particularly impressed but I will play with the various settings to see if I can get a happy middle ground of assists and control.

Last edited:
Don
Just pre ordered this. I haven't played a GT game since PS2 days...Also not played a car sim since Forza 6. My PSN username is the same as my OCUK one, feel free to add me and hopefully we can get some races organised.

Soldato
Still was able to get on for the last hour.....not ideal timing.

Completed first line of driving tests @ gold and also did some awesome arcade races with the lexus touring car. That AI is really good at high difficulty!

Won the mclaren vision GT too which was nice :)

Soldato
Had a race around that Maggiore track last night. What a brilliant track that it. One corner reminds me of the carousel at the Nurbergring. Hit it right and you can fly through it, a real slingshot.

Last edited:
Associate
Still was able to get on for the last hour.....not ideal timing.

Completed first line of driving tests @ gold and also did some awesome arcade races with the lexus touring car. That AI is really good at high difficulty!

Won the mclaren vision GT too which was nice :)
How the hell did you do the wrc time trial, I could not get close to 26s time.

Back
Top Bottom