Gold Rush: The Game

Associate
QgPG8yf.jpg

For all those peeps that enjoy gold mining shows like me :) This is out today, I played the demo and am quite looking forward to it, it seems a little like Farm simulator etc

Become the gold miner. Work hard, dig deep, explore the world, and you’ll become the wealthiest man in Alaska. Use a variety of highly-detailed machines to find as much gold as you can.

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/451340/Gold_Rush_The_Game/
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1752350052/gold-rush-0
Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/goldrushthegame/

Associate
Will also be buying if its at the right price. Believe it or not I was in a convo on Todd Hoffman's FB page where I suggested a game based on Gold Rush using similar game mechanics as farm simulator. Hmmm, I hope the bugger didn't steal my idea :p

Associate
OP
Well played it for a day, but it needs a bit of work to iron out the glitches. There are some patches coming this week so will give it another try at the weekend. The chaining of multiple water pumps to feed the mobile wash plant is a pain in the ass but I suppose its realistic, the pipe physics need sorting though :D

Soldato
Well played it for a day, but it needs a bit of work to iron out the glitches. There are some patches coming this week so will give it another try at the weekend. The chaining of multiple water pumps to feed the mobile wash plant is a pain in the ass but I suppose its realistic, the pipe physics need sorting though :D
Yeah it's a bit rough around the edges as it is, and optimisation is pretty poor. But the game mechanics are there and for what it is I'm enjoying it, sounds like they will be implementing random gold concentrations either in upcoming patches or with the introduction of the drilling machine, as at the moment the gold concentration is same through all the dirt.
Found the whopper nugget on my third clean out of the basic set up, nothing has been said but I'm hoping it's either already implemented or will be implemented that you can find other large nuggets.

Associate
OP
Found the whopper nugget on my third clean out of the basic set up, nothing has been said but I'm hoping it's either already implemented or will be implemented that you can find other large nuggets.

The 39oz nugget is scripted at the start for everyone, to give you a boost. I personally wouldn't want to be shoveling dirt for 39 days, unless it was real life gold prospecting :)

Soldato
Ok so there was an update this afternoon...
http://steamcommunity.com/games/451340/announcements/detail/1466344462449537494

Unfortunately it feels more bugged now than at release.
  • I've been stuck on the fuel trailer when i jumped up to fill it.
  • 4x4 blew up when i accidentally clicked the towing eye of the mobile wash plant that was 100m away. It warped to the 4x4 which already had trailer fitted to it, the wash plant bugged out blew up the 4x4 and all the parts that were in the trailer /4x4 flat bed rained down, then crashed the game:mad:
  • 4x4 blew up when i lightly tapped concrete barrier.
  • wave table cannot connect power or hose however works without both, just need to turn it on now.
  • gold returns from pay dirt is through the roof, three buckets through the wave table netted me over $100000:eek: Maybe i've just happened upon a very high concentration area, I dunno havnt experimented elsewhere yet. As nice as it is to get a good haul in, its just seemsway too easy, need to find a balance with next patch unless I have just been lucky.

Soldato
yeah I refunded it, its almost unplayable with the amount of bugs and issues it has, the devs have even asked for people not to leave negative reviews.

They have admitted it wasn't ready for release but was tied into season 8 of gold rush releasing so their hands were tied.

When it works its going to be good, before the bugs ruined it for me it was reasonably fun.

e: if you have a look at the steam discussions it shows how many issues theyre having

Soldato
Got this recently as it was on offer, and it is still buggy hell, seems to crash every 5 mins ect, i was also a bit confused near the start of the game, when you smelt your 1st gold bar, and you are just left holding it, WTF are meant to do with it, mine is just rolling around in the back of my pickup atm

Caporegime
Got this recently as it was on offer, and it is still buggy hell, seems to crash every 5 mins ect, i was also a bit confused near the start of the game, when you smelt your 1st gold bar, and you are just left holding it, WTF are meant to do with it, mine is just rolling around in the back of my pickup atm

Take it to the bank.

Back
Top Bottom