Ed China leaving Wheeler dealers :(

Commissario
Edd was the main reason I used to watch Wheeler Dealers, Mike's bits always seemed a fairly boring as I was more interested in the actual work on the car (regardless of if it was common car, or something like the car/boat).
I hope he gets his own show or something as it was fun watching him work on the cars.

Wasn't it the case the production company got bought out and the new owners wanted something more "american" styled? (less engineering, more talking about how it's a unique, uge challange).

Soldato
Just watched the supra episode (thanks to someone uploading on facebook)

its not very good really;

-Ant is trying too hard to be like edd, hes actually straining himself in doing so
-The problems with the car wern't fixed in detail, they were just brushed over. And welding a cast iron manifold? thats not the way to do things!
-I never minded mike before, but after that video above regarding edd, mikes gone south in my books
-Mike looks like an aging walrust

Soldato
Stopped watching it when they moved to America, lost its appeal.

I hope Edd starts a more detailed restoration car show (or even more than just cars) as it always felt rushed in the small segments he had, especially in the later series.

Can't remember what it was called but there was a kit car show where a guy took the whole series to build (think it was on discovery shed, he did a plane as well). I'd take that sort of program over the annoying fake drama in US shows or the emotional element in Car SOS (and that annoying host, god he's worse than Mike!).

Associate
Just watched the supra episode (thanks to someone uploading on facebook)

its not very good really;

-Ant is trying too hard to be like edd, hes actually straining himself in doing so
-The problems with the car wern't fixed in detail, they were just brushed over. And welding a cast iron manifold? thats not the way to do things!

If he used the normal wire in a mig plant then the manifold will just crack again.
It needs special wire and small tack welds joined together to reduce heat.Too much heat and it will just crack.

Soldato
Agreed. MB's comments about Ed are truly disgusting.
Andi.

Seconded.

None of us knows the situation in enough detail to be be able to comment categorically - but do I believe Edd became full of himself as he was a "tv star"? No. Do I believe that Mike wanted to take the show in a direction that would net him the most profit at the expense of what the show is all about? Absolutely.

Finally - do I believe that Edd became sick of MB and him bossing him around like he was his underling? YES.

Soldato
Seconded.

None of us knows the situation in enough detail to be be able to comment categorically - but do I believe Edd became full of himself as he was a "tv star"? No. Do I believe that Mike wanted to take the show in a direction that would net him the most profit at the expense of what the show is all about? Absolutely.

Finally - do I believe that Edd became sick of MB and him bossing him around like he was his underling? YES.

haha Nobody knows what really went on, I doubt MB's wife would tweet and leave a tweet live that could lead to a lawsuit, which clearly hasn't happened so I highly doubt there is no truth involved in what MB has said.

Caporegime
Seconded.

You could tell that in that video. I can imagine MB "going in with his size tens" demanding EC to take that engine out of the corvette like he was his boss when in reality it was a 50-50 partnership.

Associate
Anyone seen 'Misfit Garage'?
Not sure if it's been aired here yet.
It's basically a F&L spinoff with some crew that were fired by RR and set up their own shop.
Nearly too much malarkey for my liking, but they do produce some nice builds.

Edit: And of course 'Bitchin Rides', which does the best I've seen. No money ever mentioned though.

Soldato
Anyone seen 'Misfit Garage'?
Not sure if it's been aired here yet.
It's basically a F&L spinoff with some crew that were fired by RR and set up their own shop.
Nearly too much malarkey for my liking, but they do produce some nice builds.

Edit: And of course 'Bitchin Rides', which does the best I've seen. No money ever mentioned though.

Almost comical how that show started out, mechanics and the sales guy appear on Fast n Loud for a few seasons, get 'fired' then due to their popularity (?) on the show they get setup in RR's old garage before they moved to the newer garage site, then get a TV show from it where RR is a producer.

I tried to watch it but I couldn't get past 2 episodes it was the same as Fast n Loud but without Aaron or the other 'monkeys' who make the show.

Back
Top Bottom