Destiny 2

Soldato
Have they nerfed the drop rates of armour for these limited time events? I must have opened close to 50 packages during faction rally and still didn't obtain a full set, takes significantly longer to rank up in IB but 10 packages later I have a mark and gauntlets..that's it. It's weapon after weapon after weapon.

Soldato
Wouldn't surprise me tbh.

The whole "vendor" system is utter trash anyway. IB was at its best during TTK / ROI with high % chance of after match rewards & decent selection that could be bought outright from the vendor themselves.

Soldato
IB is just regular crucible but limited to Control and with a different token vendor :(

I've got my money's worth at over 100 hours but the "tokenization" of most of the play modes seems a bit needless. Even collecting resources seems pointless since they get cashed in just like tokens.

Hopefully upcoming patches or DLC will add a wee bit more depth to the end game :)

Soldato
Have they nerfed the drop rates of armour for these limited time events? I must have opened close to 50 packages during faction rally and still didn't obtain a full set, takes significantly longer to rank up in IB but 10 packages later I have a mark and gauntlets..that's it. It's weapon after weapon after weapon.

They’ve done something, did ten packages on my titan, got helmet, gloves, sash and boots.

Did 10 packages on my hunter - not a single piece of armour.

Soldato
Wouldn't surprise me tbh.

The whole "vendor" system is utter trash anyway. IB was at its best during TTK / ROI with high % chance of after match rewards & decent selection that could be bought outright from the vendor themselves.

The problem with the rewards, is there is nothing that’s a “must have” in the game, apart from the fighting lion which is outright terrible and doenst drop anyway, everything can be used to decent effect.

The raid itself isn’t particularly challenging, it’s been built around mechanics rather than dps checks and swarming you with adds, so you don’t need to go in there packing the absolute highest burst or sustained dps to get through.

People complain about the mida in cruicible, well damn right you are going to get pot shot at range with a scout rifle, it’s TTK is a little too quick, but it’s not at the point where you can’t beat anyone with it, you absolutely can, and don’t need to be a digital John Wick to do it either.

So what all this leaves you with is no drive to grind, there simply isn’t an outright unchallengeable best gun or class defining piece of armour, and in a loot based game if there’s no best loot, there’s no point in playing.

Associate
Crucible is the most balanced variation I have played throughout Destiny. All weapons are viable at their intended ranges.

Most of the nerf posts are fuelled by the 4v4 aspect of the game and the vast majority of players rolling with what they're familiar with and what YouTube tells them is good. You get melted by anything if 2 or more players are firing at you.

MIDA is generally a 5 shot kill and there are arguably better scouts than the MIDA. Scouts should be king at range now that sniper ammo is so scarce. Likewise you will melt a Uriels gift user in a 1v1 up close with an SMG or Sidearm.

I wasn't a fan of the grind in the first game. It took 60+ VOG clears to bag a fatebringer and 12 months of playing every activity, every week, across three characters until Gjallarhorn dropped for me(couldnt afford it in week 1).

There needs to be a reason to play end game though. I'd love to see raid specific loot with really good PvE or raid specific perks on it. Give me something unique and worthwhile to play for. At the moment all the armour is just cosmetic reskins and the only grind is getting the specific mods you want in your armour slots and grinding for the best in class legendaries(Antiope-D/Manannan SR4).

The only thing keeping me playing is attempting to put all my favourite weapons on all my characters and making armour builds with balanced mobility, resilliance and recovery on them.

Soldato
Haven’t even bothered with IB. The thought of collecting yet more tokens for a different vendor is putting me off. Add to that the fact that crucible isn’t that fun anyway.

Associate
Need to be able to change the level of the strikes and redo previous missions like D1.. once you have done the weekly things there is little left other than grind tokens.

Soldato
yeah it's very weird how little incentive there is to play beyond the first week, I only pop on for about 4/5 hours a week to get the 4 powerful engrams then don't touch it again. Sure, the gameplay is fun but the whole loot system is just utterly pointless. Also the fact that you can't ever upgrade from the vendors is just garbage, you end up handing in 10s/100s of collected tokens for no real reward. Bizarre.

Soldato
I haven’t even bothered popping on to do the weekly stuff. I feel like they’ve taken a step back with D2.

They've definitely taken a step backwards. They've added some decent stuff like Heroic Public Events but then taken away the replaying of missions or strikes. I don't get the decision behind it.

Associate
I never played d1 but have enjoyed my first few weeks of d2. After last weeks iron banner grind however I'm feeling a bit meh now. Will probably do my weeklies and thats about it. Too many other good games coming out.

Soldato
I never played d1 but have enjoyed my first few weeks of d2. After last weeks iron banner grind however I'm feeling a bit meh now. Will probably do my weeklies and thats about it. Too many other good games coming out.

The Iron banner event was a bit disappointing, turn in enough tokens to get 10 engrams and you get an emblem.... also in the 10 engrams I had no IB gear.. would have much preferred that you could use tokens to buy gear, make them expensive but not down to luck.

Back
Top Bottom