Hurricane Ophelia to Brush the Azores This Weekend; May Affect Ireland Next Week

Caporegime
Its really weird here now - at times the sky goes pale white except near the horizon towards the storm which is kind of pearly silver, then goes back to a menacing orange every now and again.

It's getting even darker here now.

The sky here in Solihull is yellow. Looks like an old photograph

That's what it looks like here too.

Almost makes me wish we had more of this.

Associate
The light [I'm in Mid Devon] has been amazing all morning, with the same orange sun reported in many locations, then about an hour ago it all cleared and we're left with blue (but still dirty looking) sky... The wind here is moderate, with the odd stronger gust. Anyone from Cornwall here that can report on the sea state?... we're off down there next weekend and may catch the next system, that's also looking quite powerful.

Conditions in Ireland seem to be quite difficult, with very high mean speeds and powerful gusts.

Soldato
None of the negative effects of the storm here in the south east, obviously. However, it is indeed very mild for the time of year. Walked outside in jeans and tee-shirt earlier for the light jacket I'd usually wear, even at 7AM. Feels a little odd.

Caporegime
North of England here the sky has gone a bit of a yellowy colour and the sun is red. When exactly does the world end?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom