The µ43 thread - welcome to the really dark side

Soldato
but planning on getting the 12-40 and also 7-14 to have a play at a bit of landscape work over winter.
Olympus 7-14mm or Panasonic 7-14mm and whose camera?
If you have Olympus body Lumix G 7-14mm isn't exactly best choise.

Panasonic skimped in AR-coatings of that lens and they turn reflective around 410nm wavelength resulting strong internal light reflections between lens elements.
Panasonic bodies have very agressive 420nm UV cut filter in sensor's filter stack which filters those wavelengths, but Olympus uses more standard 400nm UV cut filter
New (also weather sealed) Panasonic Leica DG 8-18mm avoids that if you want to stay at lighter weight than Olympus 7-14mm.

Soldato
I have often fancied the olympus 7-14 but the awkwardness and expense of a filter system always puts me off. The new Panasonic seems to tick all the boxes even on an olympus body.
Leica DG 8-18mm also fixes Lumix G 7-14's "sticking plastic" focus ring. (unless Panasonic fixed that some time after 2011)
Though Olympus still has lot nicer manual focus.
But at the expense of 2/3 higher weight...

Associate
I'm kinda moving away from the Panasonic lenses, have a love hate relationship with my 100-400, am probably going to get the oly 300 f4 to replace it.

The nisi filter system looks good and that is what I'll use with the 7-14.

Matt

Caporegime
I'm kinda moving away from the Panasonic lenses, have a love hate relationship with my 100-400, am probably going to get the oly 300 f4 to replace it.

The nisi filter system looks good and that is what I'll use with the 7-14.

Matt

Lol and I am going the opposite. Every lens I owned used to be Olympus and now I have swapped for two Panasonics

Associate
Greebo,

Just to prove the point about the Panasonic, after posting about my Love Hate relationship with it, I downloaded some pics and love the shots I got with it today.

I think the problem is I can only get out with it when I am with my youngest daughter and most of the shots taken with it are rushed - the same can be said with the Olymous lenses but I always seem to end up with more keepers with the Olympus setup then the Panasonic.

Matt

Soldato
i'm the owner of an em-1 and a 17, 25 and 45 1.8 lens setup. I just don't use it though...ever! I much prefer my d810 despite the weight etc. I'm seriously considering selling the olympus setup but i've no idea what it's worth. any ideas :D

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Liking the G7 (which i got from MM), can anyone recommend a path for a upgrade for the lens. After my recent trip to Iceland and some whale watching, It would be nice to get a closer image so telephoto is the way.

(Really like this format, so less cumbersome and i use it more and more)

Caporegime
So for the Olympus EM5-II can anyone recommend a battery grip? I did a quick look and found the official one to be around €300 and it seemed to come in 2 pieces?

Can anyone laymans terms it and recommend it or a good third party one? I pretty much want to get a better grip on it, use an extra battery and have the buttons for vertical mode, like the canon ones if possible :)

Caporegime
So for the Olympus EM5-II can anyone recommend a battery grip? I did a quick look and found the official one to be around €300 and it seemed to come in 2 pieces?

Can anyone laymans terms it and recommend it or a good third party one? I pretty much want to get a better grip on it, use an extra battery and have the buttons for vertical mode, like the canon ones if possible :)

Second hand. I got mine for just 7nder £100 and got my money back when I sold it. Last time I look mpb had a few in.

eBay is normally full of them. Well worth having one on the em5.makes them much easier to handle with lenses, the second battery with automatic swap over from the body battery and vica versa was s9mething I couldn’t have done without and the final cherry is the repeat of the main buttons for vertical use.

Caporegime
Second hand. I got mine for just 7nder £100 and got my money back when I sold it. Last time I look mpb had a few in.

eBay is normally full of them. Well worth having one on the em5.makes them much easier to handle with lenses, the second battery with automatic swap over from the body battery and vica versa was s9mething I couldn’t have done without and the final cherry is the repeat of the main buttons for vertical use.
Nice I'll check eBay. Is there only one model?

Back
Top Bottom