you wake up & your inside a game...

Soldato
This Thread is just for fun really.

you wake up & your a character in a video game.

Which Game would you want to wake up in & who as?

Which game would be your worst nightmare?

For me:
i would like to wake up in the Witcher World, Maybe as the Witcher.
i love medieval worlds & the world can be very beautiful.

my worst nightmare?
anything related to Zombies, Last of us?

Associate
Love fallout 3 so wouldn’t mind wandering around the capital wasteland until a smegging death claw flies at me :eek:

Or football manager, always fancied managing a top team :)

Worse probably resident evil I don’t mind zombies but that’s some next level stuff

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Best: Deus Ex as either Adam Jensen or JC Denton :)

Worst: Wake up as princess peach waiting for a plumber named mario to save me.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I wouldn't want to wake up in any game world because there's either something badly wrong or the level of technology is much lower. I could manage in a lower technology world and possibly do relatively well by applying knowledge I have that people born in that world might not have (e.g. I know how to use stone age technology to make a high temperature kiln to produce far better pottery and smelt copper ore), but I'd rather not. I like clean water on tap and reliable supply of ample quantities and wide varieties of food and sewage systems and modern medical treatments and books and videos and games and electric lights and so on.

Then there's the fact that the central premise of most games is that one person can make a huge difference to an area if not the whole world solely by their own actions, which is almost never true and certainly not true for me. My character in Fallout 4 is the revered founder of a country and the restorer of civilisation, but they're capable of all sorts of unrealistic things. They don't age. They can carry literally tonnes of resources. When they return to a building after a couple of weeks, all the resources they took out of it have miraculously been duplicated and replaced to be taken again. They can empower one person with a cow to somehow instantly teleport tonnes of material between any two settlements. They can make concrete harden in seconds. They can erect a large building 20 metres high in an afternoon, by themself. They can make a piece of furniture or clothing or almost anything else instantaneously. They can withstand radiation exposure that would be immediately incapacitating and rapidly fatal to a normal human and fully recover with a quick nap. Same for any physical injury that doesn't kill them, and they are far more robust than a normal human. Shot in the head a dozen times? Doesn't even slow them down. They also have superhuman charisma, so much so that they can sway people with just a few words. If I woke up in that gameworld, I might be able to survive until late middle age, maybe, but I certainly wouldn't be doing what my character does.

The worst scenario that come to mind would be a pilot in Space Invaders. Although that would be a quick death, so maybe not so bad after all.

Soldato
One of the Star Trek games, perhaps. Preferably not someone in a particularly dangerous postion (like a ship captain on the front lines of some conflict :)). Maybe someone with a mid-level Starfleet desk-job - with access to Starfleet technology, transporter credits, etc., but enjoying a nice, safe position:

Post-scarcity society with replicators, massively advanced medical care, transporters, inter-stellar travel, synthehol so you can drink and enjoy the buzz but without the negative effects, and of course... holodecks :)

Think I could enjoy that life...

Oh, and worst?

Jeez, throw a dart at a board of names of most RPGs - skeletons, zombies, giant spiders, murderous wolves and rats, and there's always some horrific plague, war, curse, undead rising or such like going on. Nah... I'm going back to my holodeck!

Back
Top Bottom