Windows 10

Caporegime
One of the main features I was looking forward to was the ability to right click folder within Onedrive and choose free up space so that they are removed from the local device but remain on the cloud.

Have they removed that from the public build? :confused:

Man of Honour
My gaming PC got the update last night, it got to 92% then stuck there for ages and gave me some generic error code. Shock horror Windows being gash as per usual. It updated the second time, haven't done anything with it since though.

Soldato
Mine is stuck at 92% for ages now , so close yet so far, lucky it's my laptop and not my main Win10 PC which I have yet to do.

Update to above, well now had failed to install message twice now via WU, so going to try the USB media tool version which I downloaded. This is turning into a very long process especially since I started last night and still got nowhere so far lol.

I feel sorry for those that are not computer savvy they would be in a right pickle. Anyway hopefully third time is lucky for me :) .

Soldato
USB Media tool worked fine on my main Win10 PC( you can do it from desktop so no need to clean boot PC via USB), the WU method on my laptop is crap since it keeps failing to install, so going to upgrade my laptop via USB Media Tool which is very smooth and no issues, btw don't forget to remove the old Windows version and files once your PC is working fine, about 20GB of old Windows files leftover space wise. I used Disk Cleanup to get my 20GB back :) .

Man of Honour
Update coming down on one of my tablets (haven't even turned the other on today) but been a good 2 hours so far of it messing about with updates :s at least it hasn't stalled on like 6% all day or something so far though.

Soldato
Installed and running. Had a quick look over the settings and noticed suggested apps in the start menu enabled itself.

Is it just me or can you not turn off game mode any more? Also, should I turn on TruePlay?

Associate
Is it just me or can you not turn off game mode any more? QUOTE]

It's certainly gone from the Settings page. I guess it will have to be turned off on a game by game basis via the Game Bar, I think there may also be a registry setting to disable Game Mode entirely. This is a terrible decision from MS, particularly as the page still exists in Settings, but with no on/off button.

Soldato
It's certainly gone from the Settings page. I guess it will have to be turned off on a game by game basis via the Game Bar, I think there may also be a registry setting to disable Game Mode entirely. This is a terrible decision from MS, particularly as the page still exists in Settings, but with no on/off button.
Searching around more apparently it should be off by default, so using the game bar you can turn it on for games individually. Still, not exactly intuitive...

Man of Honour
Maybe spoke too soon - its now spent 2 hours stuck at 85% (4 hours since I started the update process)... good old MS. Maybe one day they will get how updates should work.

EDIT: As I posted that jumped to 86%.

Soldato
Maybe spoke too soon - its now spent 2 hours stuck at 85% (4 hours since I started the update process)... good old MS. Maybe one day they will get how updates should work.

EDIT: As I posted that jumped to 86%.

I found upgrading via WU a waste of time, kept failing, just upgraded my laptop via USB Media Creation tool and that went so smooth, so two for two via USB, WU just gave me too many headaches and issues, Microsoft need to sort that out for the masses since not everybody will think of or go the USB route for a very easier upgrade.

Associate
It seems that I was one of the lucky ones for whom the update actually completed when done through windows update (twice), but I've noticed that the caps lock/num lock/scroll lock lights on my keyboard no longer function when in windows.

Soldato
I just checked WU, had two minor updates since last night, one was security update for Flash and the other was KB4041994 ,they took all of five seconds to install.

Man of Honour
Its finally done - ran from WU without any errors, etc. just took a very long time and for all the update it largely just meant resetting a few silly settings changes by MS and removed more **** like the silly people thing, etc. and reverting 1-2 other things.

EDIT: Is it me or is there some kind of built in mouse acceleration with this update? both my tablets used to have the same input feel and tweaked with MarkC's fix, etc. now since this update the pointer is all "swingy" and redoing the fixes doesn't change it though the registry stuff still seems valid and even undoing the fixes on my other tablet doesn't feel as bad :( glad I don't have Windows 10 on my gaming PC.

EDIT2: Seems to be a known issue with enhanced pointer precision getting forced on or something :( since the creators update that randomly affects people yay. How are MS this bad?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom