• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New MSI 1080Ti....beautiful looking card

Soldato
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X TRIO

img_8588.jpg

Great looking card, anyone going to get one?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
£800 on a GPU?

I'll pass
This. I like the card, but at this time in the product life cycle it should be £600 not £800. Pascal has been out for ages. This is me taking RAM prices into consideration.

If Volta lives up to expectations we will get a 2070 in the near future providing similar performance for around £400. That would mean losing half the cards value in way under a year. Yea, I think I will pass too.

Permabanned
£800 is a bit much. I got my FTW3 with Destiny 2 for £738 ~3 months ago. I already had Destiny 2 on pre-order so FTW3 cost me £700 once I refunded.

Soldato
So if your case is a 600t in your sig you'll see... the backplate and edge of this card?

I wouldn't rate that view as being worth the money.

Soldato
£800 on a card that's already at it's limits in 4K gaming and part of a generation of cards only 6mths away from EOL...err, yeah, no.

Soldato
If appearance matters I do prefer how my Gigabyte Xtreme Ti looks.....

ff3UzmL.png

.....hadn't really thought about the middle fan being smaller than the other two.

£800 is a bit much tho, now and again a decent Ti does pop up for around £650 or so.

Don
Does it have the same sort of fan setup as the LSI Lightning a while ago? Yellow fans with smaller one in the middle iirc?

This one: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/R9-290X-LIGHTNING/Gallery

Not quite, but has already been used on another one of their 1080ti's - http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-lightning-z-review,1.html

guru3d said:
The cooling solution is called TRI-FROZR design with TORX 2.0 Fans and makes use of utilizes two 10cm and one 9cm TORX 2.0 Fans combining the advantages of both traditional fan blade and dispersion fan blade, generating large amounts of airflow while remaining silent. Two 8mm heatpipes transfer heat to the fins, enabling up to a whopping 700W of heat dissipation.

Back
Top Bottom