**** The Official Lenovo P2 Thread ****

Soldato
CS MOBILES.COM

Word of warning about them. I received a P2 from them which developed green pixel line down the Oled screen which flickers and it seems unless you notify them within 48 hours after receiving goods about a fault then they will not replace it even if the fault occurs 3 days or within a week which is what happened with mine.

They passed me on to Lenovo Uk for a repair so it seems everything is fine if the goods bought from them don't go faulty soon after they are bought but past 48 hours and you're left to the manufacturers warranty and repair instead of them replacing the items.

Nope not correct, your contract is with CS not Lenovo, you have the right to return / reject within 30 days for a refund

You can choose to go to Lenovo yourself should you wish but you passed your money to CS so the contract of sale is with them. They have a legal obligation to intervene (within a specific time period) at your request and simply handing you over to the manufacturer implies poor customer service and a lack of accountability, though a lot of companies do this as it's simply cheaper and easier for them to do so rather than deal with a customers issue.

Permabanned
Nope not correct, your contract is with CS not Lenovo, you have the right to return / reject within 30 days for a refund

You can choose to go to Lenovo yourself should you wish but you passed your money to CS so the contract of sale is with them. They have a legal obligation to intervene (within a specific time period) at your request and simply handing you over to the manufacturer implies poor customer service and a lack of accountability, though a lot of companies do this as it's simply cheaper and easier for them to do so rather than deal with a customers issue.

Hi does the right to a return/reject the item within 30 days apply even to them being based in Spain and not the Uk and can anything by done if they refuse to give a refund within that 30 days with them not being a company in the Uk? Thanks.

Soldato
Sorry didnt realise CS Mobiles were not UK based and no unfortunately not, EU law states 14 days as the very minimum however countries are free to enhance that should they wish.

However EU law also states:
The trader always has to provide a solution. In some EU countries you also have the right to request a remedy from the producer.

They may argue that pointing you to the manufacturer is a solution but that is just semantics as far I'm concerned.

Associate
Uh oh, I've lost a portion of touch screen. Why do I get the feeling that a lot of other people are going to have this issue eventually, if not everyone?

rNeVGG9.jpg

Warranty's void because of the ******** bootloader unlock process which doesn't even give you full access (certain partitions are unflashable). Even though, of course, this is a hardware issue (not that Lenovo will give a ****).

Oh, and I'd just like to say an extra "**** Lenovo" and all other mobile phone manufacturers who follow the trend of locking you out of flashing certain partitions once the phone is unlocked, but NOT when locked, so you can't return the phone to factory state when it's unlocked and may end up with a brick, not being able to flash MODEM for example. What a bag of *****.

**** mobile phone manufacturers who refuse to incorporate large capacity batteries because they think everyone wants razor thin phones. It means our choice of phones is limited to this junk.
Just curious, did you have your screen protected with tempered glass?

Don't know if that would affect it but it's good to know.

Associate
CS MOBILES.COM

Word of warning about them. I received a P2 from them which developed green pixel line down the Oled screen which flickers and it seems unless you notify them within 48 hours after receiving goods about a fault then they will not replace it even if the fault occurs 3 days or within a week which is what happened with mine.

They passed me on to Lenovo Uk for a repair so it seems everything is fine if the goods bought from them don't go faulty soon after they are bought but past 48 hours and you're left to the manufacturers warranty and repair instead of them replacing the items.
I ordered another one about 11 days ago and I've been checking the tracking and it has been stuck in Belgium Spuurs for the past 6 days. Seems like it has probably been lost by the courier because normally it should have been in the UK the next day. They've also stopped responding to my emails now after I sent them an email about this, I've sent a few more as well.

Associate
I don't have a screen protector, but the screen isn't deeply scratched (two tiny hairline scratches only noticeable in bright light) and I am using a thick shell case. There have been other people on the Lenovo forum reporting the same issue with the touch screen developing a portion of unusable space.

Associate
I don't have a screen protector, but the screen isn't deeply scratched (two tiny hairline scratches only noticeable in bright light) and I am using a thick shell case. There have been other people on the Lenovo forum reporting the same issue with the touch screen developing a portion of unusable space.
That's a shame, I did too notice on the Lenovo forums that people were complaining about this issue. I'm using a tempered glass screen protector myself but it might just be an internal issue.

I've got a Lenovo tablet and the top portion of the screen stopped working a few weeks ago, which is not a good sign.

Permabanned
Sorry didnt realise CS Mobiles were not UK based and no unfortunately not, EU law states 14 days as the very minimum however countries are free to enhance that should they wish.

However EU law also states:

They may argue that pointing you to the manufacturer is a solution but that is just semantics as far I'm concerned.

Thanks for getting back to me. Ah I see yes that is the problem with them being not based in the Uk and not being under Uk law. They will also say that pointing me to the manufacturer is a solution like you said but like me I think it is not taking responsibility like they should do especially when the item became faulty in less than a week. Not good customer service at all as far as I am concerned. Just wanted to warn people about them and where they stand if something goes wrong.

Permabanned
I ordered another one about 11 days ago and I've been checking the tracking and it has been stuck in Belgium Spuurs for the past 6 days. Seems like it has probably been lost by the courier because normally it should have been in the UK the next day. They've also stopped responding to my emails now after I sent them an email about this, I've sent a few more as well.

Sorry to hear about you're problems with them. I think mine came in about a week and saw the tracking off it from Spain to the Uk but I have noticed that myself that they are slow to respond to emails and if it's something they don't want to deal with may avoid all together. Quite shocking customer support that if they were in the Uk would not be allowed.

Associate
Sorry to hear about you're problems with them. I think mine came in about a week and saw the tracking off it from Spain to the Uk but I have noticed that myself that they are slow to respond to emails and if it's something they don't want to deal with may avoid all together. Quite shocking customer support that if they were in the Uk would not be allowed.
Thanks.

They've stopped responding at all now. Normally when I emailed them I would get a response the same day every time but it would be in the evening.

Now, since I mentioned that it hasn't arrived they've not bothered to reply.

I've ordered the same phone from them before a few weeks ago and it arrived in about 7 days. When it arrived in Belgium it arrived in the UK the next day, but this phone is still stuck in Belgium for 6 days now.

I paid by visa card so hopefully can claim the money back, luckily I didn't pay by bank transfer.

Permabanned
Thanks.

They've stopped responding at all now. Normally when I emailed them I would get a response the same day every time but it would be in the evening.

Now, since I mentioned that it hasn't arrived they've not bothered to reply.

I've ordered the same phone from them before a few weeks ago and it arrived in about 7 days. When it arrived in Belgium it arrived in the UK the next day, but this phone is still stuck in Belgium for 6 days now.

I paid by visa card so hopefully can claim the money back, luckily I didn't pay by bank transfer.

Seems what they don't want to deal with they just avoid. Did not reply to my email either. Ok if goods actually arrive and do not turn faulty after 48 hours but anything else they don't want to know or pass it on to the manufacturer. If I had only have knew that before i ordered I would have avoided them all together. Hope you get your money back indeed.

Associate
Seems what they don't want to deal with they just avoid. Did not reply to my email either. Ok if goods actually arrive and do not turn faulty after 48 hours but anything else they don't want to know or pass it on to the manufacturer. If I had only have knew that before i ordered I would have avoided them all together. Hope you get your money back indeed.
Yeah it seems that way. That's not good, you had a faulty phone and they should have helped you.

I flooded them with messages everywhere, their twitter, their facebook, emails and their website contact form.

Finally got a reply on facebook to say that they've contacted the delivery company and will get back to me with an update soon. Hopefully I should get a phone or my money back.

Soldato
Uh oh, I've lost a portion of touch screen. Why do I get the feeling that a lot of other people are going to have this issue eventually, if not everyone?

rNeVGG9.jpg

Warranty's void because of the ******** bootloader unlock process which doesn't even give you full access (certain partitions are unflashable). Even though, of course, this is a hardware issue (not that Lenovo will give a ****).

Oh, and I'd just like to say an extra "**** Lenovo" and all other mobile phone manufacturers who follow the trend of locking you out of flashing certain partitions once the phone is unlocked, but NOT when locked, so you can't return the phone to factory state when it's unlocked and may end up with a brick, not being able to flash MODEM for example. What a bag of *****.

**** mobile phone manufacturers who refuse to incorporate large capacity batteries because they think everyone wants razor thin phones. It means our choice of phones is limited to this junk.
Mine has developed the same fault, in exactly the same location... were you able to get yours fixed?

Soldato
Think the fingerprint sensor on mine has just died :( I got a 'Fingerprint hardware not available' message and now there's no sign of it in the Security options. Anyone had to get this replaced before?

Associate
Mine has developed the same fault, in exactly the same location... were you able to get yours fixed?

Think the fingerprint sensor on mine has just died :( I got a 'Fingerprint hardware not available' message and now there's no sign of it in the Security options. Anyone had to get this replaced before?

Obviously they've cheaped out on the components, and they check like a hawk to see whether you've unlocked your phone if you send it in and refuse warranty, even though it's a hardware issue. So I can't get mine repaired unless I replace the whole screen myself, and it just so happens that spare screens cost a bomb for this model.

Soldato
The website for registering for a repair (https://www.lenovomobilerepair.co.uk/) doesn't instill confidence; I registered to have mine repaired and didn't get any sort of confirmation, no email or reference number. I have gone back to my OnePlus 3 until I can find a suitable replacement. I am not overly bothered by the death of the P2, it was buggy and annoying anyway so it's no big loss, other than being a waste of £200.

Associate
The Lenovo repairs site and company dealing with the repairs are a shambles. I had to send in a Moto G3 last year as it had a software issue and did not allow the phone to be setup. It suddenly had hardware faults upon inspection such as a mysterious broken sim tray slot. They refused to fix the phone until I coughed up to fix the sim tray which had not been touched ever post inserting sim when phone was purchased. They even had the cheek to charge to have phone sent back if didn't want it fixed for technician fee. Phone also had scratches and damage to casing even though it was pristine when sent in. Just eventually gave up and paid to have it working and won't be buying Moto again which uses same repair! Good luck fixing any P2.

Back
Top Bottom