Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi with a 8700k.

Associate
Found this, not quite the same but....

from Cryorig support: ""Thank you for supporting us so much, there are two ways to turn off the white fan LED. Way 1: Using CAM to adjust FIXED COLOR to all black. Way 2: Srarting up the ACTIVE FUNCTION of Audio.

Seems odd that one suggestion is just to turn down the light to black (fake off :rolleyes:)
No idea if works for the heatsink end of things as well or not, worth a shot though.

Further down:

"Unfortunately, with these types of LED fans, the light cannot be disabled short of cutting the wires attached to the LEDs in the fan."

Yikes, that's not good.

Soldato
OP
I don’t mind the white led fan it’s the underglow of the heat sink that never turns off. It’s plugged in a internal USB Header and it always stays on. The x52 kraken plus HUE + shut it off. Why don’t this? Oh well think I’ll sell it on at a loss and use my kraken instead

Soldato
OP
I’ve decided I’ve had enough of this cooler of its issues and going back to AIO. Just bought the new Thermaltake Floe Dual Riing RGB 280 TT Premium Edition. They are very hard to find here in the UK. Just too new. Have to get them from the states. That CAM Software is awful. Cryorig needs to make there own software.

Soldato
Cryorig has good customer support. One of the best out there!

I suspect once you change the settings the lights will turn of when computer is powered off. ;)

Soldato
OP
Cryorig has good customer support. One of the best out there!

I suspect once you change the settings the lights will turn of when computer is powered off. ;)

I've changed the settings and it still stays on? I have another item that uses the usb header and that turns off fine. It doesn't matter I'm going with the Thermaltake Floe AIO next week instead. Oh well I tried :(

Soldato
I've changed the settings and it still stays on? I have another item that uses the usb header and that turns off fine. It doesn't matter I'm going with the Thermaltake Floe AIO next week instead. Oh well I tried :(
Is your motherboard not designed to be used with RGB lighting?

Soldato
Of course it is. Z370 Gigabyte Gaming 7. I wanted the light on the cooler
So it the NZXT CAM control system and Z370 Gaming 7 that are not working together .. so in all likehood it's a NZXT problem rather than Cryorig sense Cryorig clearly says is a NZXT CAM control module. ;)

Soldato
OP
So it the NZXT CAM control system and Z370 Gaming 7 that are not working together .. so in all likehood it's a NZXT problem rather than Cryorig sense Cryorig clearly says is a NZXT CAM control module. ;)

Yup. Maybe they fix this issue,but not today. I'll wait unti they fix it before install it again.

Associate
I got the H7 Quad Lumi. I changed out the fan to be quiet silent wing 3 to get rid of the LED fan. The switched to the ML120 Corsair. I highly recommend going with ML120. It is about 4c cooler. I also added a 2nd ML120 and got anothrr 1-2c

Soldato
I got the H7 Quad Lumi. I changed out the fan to be quiet silent wing 3 to get rid of the LED fan. The switched to the ML120 Corsair. I highly recommend going with ML120. It is about 4c cooler. I also added a 2nd ML120 and got anothrr 1-2c
Silent Wings 3 1450rpm or 2200rpm?

Is the ML120 as quiet as Silent Wings 3 at same RPM?

Associate
After my AIO leaked I went for the lumi to cool my 1600x.

Had it a few months now and im pretty pleased with it, I don't recall finding it that fiddly to fit.

The issue I had was with the CAM software. After a few minutes of having it open it hard locks my PC. I have to turn it off at the mains and discharge the system before it will power back on.

I thought it was a compatibility issue with my motherboard but recently found out CAM doesn't play well with other monitoring software.

Back
Top Bottom