Marvel's The Punisher

Soldato
Iron Fist started off OK. I enjoyed the first four or five episodes. And then it just took a dive into the world of crap writing and didn't resurface... The only Marvel series of any note has been Daredevil so I'm really hoping Punisher at the very least rivals it. It should (should!!) be much better as Punisher is an action man that doesn't spend his time pondering how hard the world is and goes out and kills the bad guys.

My only concern is that it's not really a spin on Garth Ennis' Punisher which as far as I'm concerned was just phenomenal and would translate well to the small screen. Suppose, we'll just have to wait and see how it goes!

Soldato
My only concern is that it's not really a spin on Garth Ennis' Punisher which as far as I'm concerned was just phenomenal and would translate well to the small screen. Suppose, we'll just have to wait and see how it goes!
I agree, Ennis really nailed the Punisher for mature audiences. I think any of Ennis's stuff (Crossed, The Boys etc) would be awesome and perfect for TV. It might be a bit too hardcore for most production companies to want to tackle. I wish one would, though :(

I'm definitely looking forward to this show and hope it's better than the other Marvel shows which mostly tanked half way through imo (DD not included, I loved it).

Permabanned
I am the immortal Iron Fist and being the immortal Iron Fist I think I am looking forward to this show. Hopefully when I the immortal Iron Fist sits down to watch with the wife of I the Immortal Iron Fist then she will like it too. Did I mention I am the immortal Iron Fist?

Soldato
I am the immortal Iron Fist and being the immortal Iron Fist I think I am looking forward to this show. Hopefully when I the immortal Iron Fist sits down to watch with the wife of I the Immortal Iron Fist then she will like it too. Did I mention I am the immortal Iron Fist?
No, I'm the immortal Iron Fist, the sworn protector of K'un-Lun, from the long line of Iron Fists.

Last edited:
Associate
Looking forward to this and really hope it is done the same way as DD.

Daredevil has set such a precedent that I thought Luke Cage and Iron Fist were complete pants. Jessica Jones came close but was very slow to follow.

Back
Top Bottom