8Packs no BS testing Intel 8700K and Z370 with Delid 5ghz and above available from OCUK.

Associate
5g 5.1g and 5.2GHz chips back in stock 5.2 chips can all do r15 Cinebench 5.3 1.38V ;)
Good work mate! I managed to order the 5Ghz one along with the Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboard (I already have the Krakren x62) I know I mentioned this to you before, you said the cooler and motherboard is fine :)

I've read that you are the one that doing the delid this which gives me some good assurance! I delidded my own 7600k previously.

In terms of the settings for the overclock, do the settings come with the delivered chip and also what do you use to stress test the stability of it? I will want to possibly test it via a similar method to ensure it is safe

Associate
We already tested these cpu a lot. So not a massive need to stress test past memory testing etc.

What memory and I can advise settings.
Corsair Vengeance 16gb ddr4 3200mhz dual channel (red led) is the ram I have

Motherboard will be gigabyte gaming 7

Associate
I just received my 8700k prebinned, the corner between the ihs and pcb has a little bit of liquid metal there. The IHS is of course sealed as it comes but shall I delidd and remove this liquid metal? Or will it work like this?

Edit, I delidded it and removed the liquid metal, there was a trail coming off the cpu die leaking out from the IHS. It works fine though thankfully, I have used the motherboards CPU clamp instead of re-sealing it

Last edited:
Associate
Just 1.35 Vcore
LLC Turbo
XMP
Cache at 44
Core 5.0g
IO 1.1
SA 1.1
DRAM voltage 1.35

Done..
My 8700k works fine but I have a quick question

I must be blind but I cant seem to find a Cache setting to set at 44 or know what IO or SA stands for :(
LLC Turbo, XMP, Core at 5Ghz and Dram I have set but the others you noted idk. Does anyone possible have a screenshot of the setting name/location for the Gigabyte Gaming 7? Z370

Associate
Just bought one of the last 5Ghz Pre-Bins :D

My question is will my Fractal Design Celcius s36 be good for 5Ghz while gaming? It's a 360 Radiator, so I think I'm good.

Also, Just use the setting in the posts above? I'll be using the Taichi Z370 board.

Edit: I'll be using Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom