The iOS11 Thread

Soldato
I seem to get stutters randomly after using app switcher, close the app switcher and everything goes 10 FPS. Bit of a mess iOS 11 at the moment, even my Samsung bloated os on my Note is a more polished and a smoother experience, wouldn’t of said that in the past heh.

Soldato
Realised last night when my phone was still playing music at 1.30am that the 48 minutes 'stop playing' timer is obviously not working through Spotify anymore, as a result of these recent updates. Royally ******* me off at the moment.

Soldato
Gone for th restore option, iTunes is telling me software for the iphone was corrupted during download. Suggests disconnecting the reconnecting or try again later.

Wonderful. You ******* piece of ****. would quite like to put it through my wall at the moment.

AARRGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Associate
This is where I’m at.. it’s one of the reasons why I made the switch from android in the first place, might as well have a cheaper android phone if it stays like this.
iOS 11 is truly awful, slow and sluggish. It's like iPhone OS 2.0 which was laggy too but fixed in 2.2. Heard at least one stutter was fixed in the latest beta. It seems I'm getting asked for my pass code more too as TouchID has lost accuracy. May downgrade back to 10 if issues aren't fixed soon.

Soldato
Finding iOS 11 less laggy on both my 9.7” Pro and 12.9” 2nd gen. A few of the weird glitches seem to have gone away too.

Definitely been the rockiest update since iOS 7 for me. Here’s hoping 11.1 irons out the final kinks lol

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

iOS 11 is truly awful, slow and sluggish. It's like iPhone OS 2.0 which was laggy too but fixed in 2.2. Heard at least one stutter was fixed in the latest beta. It seems I'm getting asked for my pass code more too as TouchID has lost accuracy. May downgrade back to 10 if issues aren't fixed soon.
Apple has stopped signing the 10.x firmwares, so there is no possibility of downgrading any longer.

V F

V F

Soldato
What have they done with Bluetooth? I had a dialog pop up about location but by the time I was half way reading, it vanished. Didn’t touch the screen or anything. It was there for 3 seconds then gone.

Soldato
On my iPad Pro 12.9 first gen works great.

On my iPhone 7 +, crashes 20+ times a day. Normally the app I’m on works fine, but when switching to another app it completely hangs and requires a reboot every time.

I’ve never had issues this bad on a device before, makes my phone almost unusable.

Soldato
Finding iOS 11 stutters especially when there's an animation like scrolling homescreens etc.
I assumed this was down to me using an ipad air, which couldn’t cope with the new animations.
It is stuttery, slow to change, double click home, and four finger swipe often fails to register.

I’ve just got used to it being sluggish, not buying a new one.

Soldato
Touch wood, I’ve had no problems on my 7+ or 9.7” iPad Pro. However on my iPad Air, it’s as if the hardware isn’t up to running iOS 11 as it’s quite stuttery.

Soldato
OP
How are they going to install 11.1 on all the Model X's that are sitting around while they build up supply for launch day? Or are they going to ship with 11.0.x and have users upgrade out of the box?

Back
Top Bottom