The Display Cabinet

Soldato
Ogryn in the house!

IHc9jc.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I know this is not well painted by the standards set in this thread. That said this is the first ever model I’ve painted, I wish I had done the skin lighter as there is a lot of dark colours already.

Advice and criticisms welcome to help me improve on future models. I’ve enjoyed doing it but want to get much better.

D9rSfZb.jpg

Soldato
Nothing stopping you doing another layer on top and re-highlight? :)

That being said, it still looks good. You could alternatively use a thinned wash (like Reikland Flesh for instance) and build up another soft layer of shadows, working only in the crevices. That would make the rest of the skin tone brighten up by comparison.

Soldato
I know this is not well painted by the standards set in this thread. That said this is the first ever model I’ve painted, I wish I had done the skin lighter as there is a lot of dark colours already.

Advice and criticisms welcome to help me improve on future models. I’ve enjoyed doing it but want to get much better.

Good work mate. Guy looks mean!

I reckon a little pin washing where parts of the model meet - flesh meets leather / armour / weapon etc - would help things pop a good deal. If you want to keep it simple, a dark brown wash (gw agrax earthshade) works for almost everything. Use a smallish brush, don't have too much wash on it and carefully trace where the parts meet. A sepia wash (gw seraphim sepia) should look good on the cloth handles where the bits of cloth meet.

Caporegime
Finished my Fuegan repaint for the Eavier Metal 20 year challenge (paint a sculpt over 20 years old) I've included a picture of the first paintjob I did on him when I was a kid for amusement :D

8COwDWx.jpg
CVfsLid.jpg
vZskz4T.jpg
fDk7Tun.jpg
FQh14HG.jpg

Soldato
My Scavvy gang is coming along! They've been a good opportunity to try new things and get out the comfort zone. There's about 6 more to do, so watch this space ..

8cl92wrxa3e11.jpg

Associate
First go at painting figurines for my Autistic son.
When Harry gets focused on a subject, we encourage him as he learns quite a lot! His current passion is soldiers, which originated from a visit to London Tower. It became a fixation for the Welsh Guards, then branched to Household Calvary, but now he has learned about the different men and women from various countries in the Commonwealth.
As rewards for doing difficult tasks, or visits from the Tooth Fairy, we buy him a gift. So currently, Harry has been rewarded with various figurines from Mon Models.
In order...
Harry's Gurkhas (bought 2nd hand, but unpainted)..
ckdJV85.jpg

Harry's Victorian Welch Fusiliers (28mm Victorian soldiers in Afghanistan & Sudan, painted to Zulu War for Harry)..
i66euq1.jpg

Our youngest son Thomas, is a real action boy! Here is his rewards for simply being good!! Oh and it is my first time painting anything Warhammer/Tabletop related. And I have just discovered textured paint and Shading paint!!!
mRDuCyY.jpg

Associate
Finished this Eversor Assassin a few weeks back, I painted I in the mindset that this type of assassin wouldn’t want to lurk around silently in the shadows!
I had a blast trying out a different saturated paint scheme, and also added a nod to the classic EM style of the 90s with some hazard stripes!

2v96y6c.jpg

2coly1g.jpg

And here is my Trajann Valoris miniature. I stayed faithful to the box art for this one, albeit a few subtle changes.

2pryc06.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom