• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
Really thinking about passing up on this X.... Bought the iPhone every yr, even in its S increments. But this is a bridge too far. No touch ID is one of the main reasons. I don't know how well Face ID will work, but it surely can't be as convenient as Touch ID... I'm currently on a 7 256gb, and there's no way i'm getting an 8.. hell no... I thought the 7 looked so out of date months back, and was really shocked that they've kept the SAME design since the 6 ???? I'd really like to jump ship over to an LG V30, it has everything i want in a phone and at a price i'm willing to pay, but i do have the Apple Watch and Apple TV, and iPad Pro. So it is nice to have everything in the same family... Part of me is hoping the X is a complete flop and that they quickly remedy the situation by bringing out an X S that has touch ID, behind the glass, and isn't extortionate in price. How on earth can they charge more for a phone than an iPad Pro 12.9" ???????????? Grinding my teeth over this. Or if i can't live without the Apple Ecosystem, which i like cos it just works well, then i may just stick with my pre-historic 7.... At the end of the day is that little extra in screen really worth all that extra money ?

Outside of the Bionic A11 being faster, it hold no advantages over the competition.

Associate
Really thinking about passing up on this X.... Bought the iPhone every yr, even in its S increments. But this is a bridge too far. No touch ID is one of the main reasons. I don't know how well Face ID will work, but it surely can't be as convenient as Touch ID... I'm currently on a 7 256gb, and there's no way i'm getting an 8.. hell no... I thought the 7 looked so out of date months back, and was really shocked that they've kept the SAME design since the 6 ???? I'd really like to jump ship over to an LG V30, it has everything i want in a phone and at a price i'm willing to pay, but i do have the Apple Watch and Apple TV, and iPad Pro. So it is nice to have everything in the same family... Part of me is hoping the X is a complete flop and that they quickly remedy the situation by bringing out an X S that has touch ID, behind the glass, and isn't extortionate in price. How on earth can they charge more for a phone than an iPad Pro 12.9" ???????????? Grinding my teeth over this. Or if i can't live without the Apple Ecosystem, which i like cos it just works well, then i may just stick with my pre-historic 7.... At the end of the day is that little extra in screen really worth all that extra money ?

Outside of the Bionic A11 being faster, it hold no advantages over the competition.
Doesn’t the V30 have a poor quality display panel?

Soldato
I'm looking at doing exactly the same switch, and I've only seen one review on the V30 complaining about the display. Everyone else has been complimentary about how good it is.

Plus, the issues they described the screen as having just made it sound like a faulty screen to me.

Soldato
bringing out an X S that has touch ID, behind the glass, and isn't extortionate in price. How on earth can they charge more for a phone than an iPad Pro 12.9" ????????????

Assuming FaceID doesn’t have some kind of catastrophic failure and backlash (highly doubtful!), they’re not going to reintroduce TouchID. It’s been said that after Apple gave up trying to implement it under the screen, other manufactures are also going to follow suit.

I was skeptical at first regarding how seemless it’ll be compared to TouchID, but after reading into it more, it does seem like it’s going to be well implemented.... only time will tell if that translates into reality!

Regarding the price vs the ipad, it’s hardly unusual for smaller devices to be more expensive no? Plus I’d imagine the extra tech in the iPhone accounts for the price difference. The only “new” tech in the iPad is the 120Hz screen really.

As for the bionic chip, sure it has crazy performance in benchmarks etc, but it’s also what drives the accuracy of the biometrics, something that’s going to be hugely important if something like FaceID is going to be accepted by the masses.

Caporegime
In the past few weeks I have went from

1 -Key note day

WTF, this is too expensive !!!!

2 - Bought a cheap Chinese Android phone, 6" bezel less phone

Gave Android a try, 2 solid weeks. Software is good, but a few things just I can't get past or used to like having to remember my password for my banking apps instead of fingerprints and it didn't come with NFC

3 - Went back to my iPhone 6 for the time being after 2 weeks on Android

And I have been on it since for 2 weeks. I miss the size of the screen a little but not much, since then I have used NFC a couple of times. Contemplated getting a Samsung Galaxy S8 a few times even as a cheap replacement for the iPhone X but ultimately I found myself messing with the skin on the stock Android too much, because i can and to be honest…not being able to on the iPhone is kind of liberating in a weird way because i don't have to worry about it.

Now I want an iPhone X but can't bring myself spending that much, but is it money wasted if it is the phone and OS that I want??

Soldato
You can’t beat the ecosystem and simplicity.

If you find yourself back on iOS and the experience being the best, then stick with it. The price of the X spread over a year or two isn’t that bad.

Personally, I wouldn’t go back to Android because, I’d miss the “it just works” feeling you get with iOS. I agree they both have their advantages and disadvantages. But iOS still tops android for things like Apple Pay and the fact I don’t feel the need to customise it past arranging icons around my home screen :p

Some say it’s bland and stale. I say don’t fix it if it ain’t broke.

With the X you’ll have one of the best screens on the market (let’s be honest, the Apple QC is second to none, you won’t find screen problems here like the pixel 2 is suffering) also, you’ll have the fastest phone in the market too (in real world usage, this won’t mean much, but still.. it all counts)

Caporegime
You can’t beat the ecosystem and simplicity.

If you find yourself back on iOS and the experience being the best, then stick with it. The price of the X spread over a year or two isn’t that bad.

Personally, I wouldn’t go back to Android because, I’d miss the “it just works” feeling you get with iOS. I agree they both have their advantages and disadvantages. But iOS still tops android for things like Apple Pay and the fact I don’t feel the need to customise it past arranging icons around my home screen :p

Some say it’s bland and stale. I say don’t fix it if it ain’t broke.

With the X you’ll have one of the best screens on the market (let’s be honest, the Apple QC is second to none, you won’t find screen problems here like the pixel 2 is suffering) also, you’ll have the fastest phone in the market too (in real world usage, this won’t mean much, but still.. it all counts)

My habit for the past decade with Apple is get the flagship, use it for 3-4 years and get another flagship. I buy it outright and pay for a sim only dead on the side. That's how I have been doing things since forever.

Whilst it is nice to customise the phone on Android but I really do end up constantly changing things, I see someone's phone looks cool and spend time figure out what widget I need to use for that, time that essentially pointless and wasted because it's only a look. I don't do that for iOS but find myself spending hours doing that stuff on Android, customising swipe up does this, swipe down does that, etc etc. I end up spending a lot of time customising and it felt like it is an endless journey and endless time spent, pointlessly since I can't even decide what is best.

Other things like I have no idea which app is best. For example, to replace Apple Passport…there are about 5 different apps that is recommended and how do you know which one is best as they all cost money. I think in the space of 2 weeks I must have spent about £20 on apps to customising the phone, everything from Podcast apps to Wallet to Nova Widget. I have not spent £5 on apps in my iPhone in the past year in comparison. I end up trying to get my Android to function like my iPhone in many ways….and thought to myself what am I doing.

I feel like if I am on Android I will always look at the latest phone release and want it, whereas on iOS because the updates/upgrades annually are more incremental, and the iOS are always pushed to all the phone the very same day, the only thing one really loses are hardware base updates like dual lens camera or Face ID, besides the annual speed increase which is a given. So I end up asking myself really "Do I need this new hardware tech?" and "is my phone slowed to a point I should upgrade". If the answer is No and No then I keep it for another year.

And the moment for me for the iPhone X is May be and May be.

The only style on iOS I want is to make the dock to be transparent, just having the icons at the bottom is fine for me.

Associate
Me personally on the X, would love one as I own a lot of apple devices but the price is just that little too high for a phone and for only a 64gb version to start with. Plus when compared against the other devices in the iPads and Mac books they have around that price range, can’t help but feel you get more for your money in those.

Currently have the 7 plus 128gb so will stick it out for another year on this, in the hope they move the X into the price range of the current 8 or perhaps release a cheaper version with just a stand LED screen.

I do like the look of the 8 with the glass back however over the 7.

Associate
I assume if on T Mobile and I am wanting to Upgrade Friday to the 256X, in "My Upgrades" section on the site, it will appear there at 8am?

Normally i just buy my phones outright from Apple, however the deal with 100GB is too good to miss.

Soldato
Does anyone recall or can find the 6+ launch availability? Just trying to get a feel for my chances on Friday, apparently ~3 million units available. I remember the 6+ was very hard to come by on launch but I still managed to get one by ordering through the app at pretty much 0801.

Back
Top Bottom