Morrisons Launch UK’s Hottest Ever Curry

Associate
Tried this last week. Have also tried the Iceland Atomic so can compare.

The Iceland one was slightly hotter imo, but the Morrison's one is slighly tastier. The Iceland Atomic had me pausing for a moment halfway through as it was quite spicey :) But the Morrison's one I ploughed through no problem.

Morrison's one had a bunch of chillis in there, the Iceland one has one big one.

Still just a supermarket curry, but for £1.50 not bad.

Soldato
So it's a naga curry loads of them around. My go to one actually. Vindaloo on the other hand is vile tomato soup with couple of tablespoons of chilli powder.

Prefer a jalfrezi with a naga or Trinidad cooked into it. Jalfrezi being pus jawla chilli+onion+tomatoes blended up then same again rough cut to add texture + form. No cream!

Local place does a naga curry.. all the taste but not much heat!

Soldato
Got one today. I won’t be having it till later in the week but I’m interested if it’s as hot as I’d expect from the description. I hope not as my tolerance for stupidly hot curries has waned as I’ve gotten older :D

Soldato
Supermarket vindaloo is usually about as hot as a medium curry, so I expect this "volcanic" vindaloo will probably be as hot as a standard vindaloo. :p

apart from the one asdas banned. That was hotter than the hottest curry I've ever attempted (ghandies revenge from a local curry house). The owners don't usually allow you to order it, but i persisted. It ended up in the bin after one taste and I spent two hours in the toilet with milk and ice cream. anyway, the asdas one was hotter.

can't imagine the morrisons one being any hotter than the asdas one.

I have managed an extra hot phall before so I know hot currys. These are on another level.

Soldato
Meh! These supermarket curries aren't even hot. Not only that, but they have zero taste.

I've tried all of them including this Morrison's one and they're nothing on a Vindaloo that I cook from scratch.

I guess i'm just use to it, as I tend to eat hot curries but with full on flavour. These supermarket curries are nothing.

Morrisons do love their PR escapades of late.

Man of Honour
tired it today muhh, had the usual lacklustre supermarket taste, hotter than most of them, but certainly not blow your head off hot, not even sweat hot.

Associate
I thought Iceland's atomic vindaloo was nice, didn't think it was to blow your face off hot, I sent them a msg on facebook and they said it's coming back.
I never ate that big daft chilli that was plonked on the top though.

Soldato
The meat always seems a bit rubbery and not very nice in every supermarket curry I've had and the fancier ones are not much cheaper than just ordering a proper takeaway curry.

Back
Top Bottom