960 pro real or fake ?

Associate
OP
Amazon would never sell a returned item as new. That's what Warehouse Deals are for. Factory mistake? New variant?

New variant, i did wonder this but have seen nothing to suggest this would be the case. Drive swap at factory this did cross my mind cause the packaging looks like new and the label looks perfect. But who`s to say someones not a dab hand as doing this. Either way i will never know i just hope i get my replacement without any trouble, time will tell as it was sent back today.

Associate
OP
Did not get the drive to work at all. Purchased new Z370 Hero board along with the drive and other parts as listed in my sig. However could not get past the bios or windows 10 install and neither could see the drive.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I've had plenty of things from them that weren't new.

Complained and got half off.
Interesting... I've bought probably thousands of items over the years, and never once has anything been 2nd hand.

Associate
I've just received the exact same drive from the same seller today. My drive looks like the upper one in the image in the OP. Won't be installing it until Sunday to know i it works though!

Associate
OP
Replacement arrived and installed. No issues, bios located drive and windows. So no banging head wondering what is going on.

2liv588.jpg

So make sure the drive edge connector is as above and you have no worries.

Can now enjoy the new rig !!

2ebqzhl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
someone would have to be quite technical to know that say , a sandisk m.2 is worth less than a samsung m.2 ? iT looks like its either a one-off chancer trying for a quick upgrade or just a faulty bit of kit

Soldato
The chances of buying something illegitimate from Amazon is slim
You have to look closely at where stuff is shipping from. I only like to purchase direct when I do use them. Remember it's also like a market place, where sellers use AMZN to sell their own stuff. I wanted to pick up a phone for my mother recently. Looking closely at the name of the seller and then searching them out, it was a damn market stall in Barnet or somewhere :p.

Associate
You have to look closely at where stuff is shipping from. I only like to purchase direct when I do use them. Remember it's also like a market place, where sellers use AMZN to sell their own stuff. I wanted to pick up a phone for my mother recently. Looking closely at the name of the seller and then searching them out, it was a damn market stall in Barnet or somewhere :p.

Well yeah that's a very fair point to make I guess, Amazon is mainly comprised of 3rd party sellers (if my wording is correct :p). Funny you said that though, I was raised in Barnet!

Back
Top Bottom