Fall Update has started to roll out.

Soldato
My dev test VM just updated, it took a long time but got through it. I did not think Windows 10 Enterprise would update so soon after release, the last big update did not show up for ages.

Soldato
The update removed my monitor overclock, changed some sound preferences, turned occasional Suggestions back on and re-enabled WiFi which I'd disabled.

Associate
If anyone has any customised themes with explorer frame changes and things like that i would suggest removing them before doing the update. I got back to the login screen after the update and it just sat there flickering rapidly. Had to do a clean install.

Soldato
Yes, both my machines failed the first time round via WU.

Both paused one at 67% the other at 97%.

Worked on a second attempt.

I had that problem, best way in my case was to download and use Media Creation Tool on USB to install Fall version, which worked great on three of my Win10 PCs.

Caporegime
Annoyingly, it has made the tab favicons dissapear in internet explorer and i cant fix it. Tried pretty much everything i can think of.

Also, i seem to have lost about 30-40gb of space on my system drive (SSD) randomly. At one point i restarted and it said it only had 2gb free and i had about ~50gb free before that (and yes i have deleted windows.old)

Soldato
My ran fast and fine, all seemed kay until I started up outlook 2007.
Any send/receive action is broken with the message 'Microsoft Office Outlook: not implemented'

Seeking solutions currently

Soldato
Yup it has buggered it again.
MS even helpfully state homegroups will be going away in a future update.
I can't wait as long as you retain the functionality in a different manner.

http://windowsreport.com/creators-update-homegroup-problems/

for anyone affected
there is the MS solution that will work some of the time, but solution 2 where you delete the networking folders contents, and reestablish a homegroup I have found to work best

Soldato
Had to search for updates but everything else went without a hitch - it did take ages to download and do the update but doesn't seem to have caused any problems

Associate
Neither my desktop or laptop can see the fall update on windows update. The upgrade assistant downloads twice then says something has gone wrong and the download is corrupted. Got the install media on a USB but when i go to install its not telling me what software version i'm getting so don't even know if its the fall update? Bit of a mess tbh.

Soldato
My office 2007 issues continue.
Outlook is working correctly now. After a repair install.
Excel on the other hand wants to reconfigure every time it is launched, something regarding stdole32.tlb being missing.
I have followed various guides of repair registry, and adding values to certain keys, but as yet no solution.

Irritating, win10 with office 2007 can't be that rare that they wouldn't have thought to test it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Annoyingly, it has made the tab favicons dissapear in internet explorer and i cant fix it. Tried pretty much everything i can think of.

Also, i seem to have lost about 30-40gb of space on my system drive (SSD) randomly. At one point i restarted and it said it only had 2gb free and i had about ~50gb free before that (and yes i have deleted windows.old)

OK, well the disk space issue is solved.....Windows Store was trying to download two game I have on there all over again. It seems like the upgrade has borked the install of tomb raider and forza. That meant it was reserving disk space for both those games whilst downloading making me think I had lost **** of space randomly, that would come back briefly when I restarted!

Favicon issue in IE11 is till there though annoyingly.

Soldato
My work PC updated no problems, all done in about an hour...

My home PC, however!, Took about 4 hours, and Windows has cleverly 'hidden' most of my app shortcuts from the start menu! It looks like a common bug, and Microsoft have acknowledged it's existence! One Bug fix they say, is to 'Open the Windows Store, and search for the app you want from the list of 'My Apps' and launch it from there!' all well and good, but the Store is one of the icons hidden from my start menu! I can't even find is when I search with Cortana!!

They've said there will, probably, be a bug fix in the cumulative update in a few months!!! until then it's put up, or roll back!

Soldato
My office 2007 issues continue.
Outlook is working correctly now. After a repair install.
Excel on the other hand wants to reconfigure every time it is launched, something regarding stdole32.tlb being missing.
I have followed various guides of repair registry, and adding values to certain keys, but as yet no solution.

Irritating, win10 with office 2007 can't be that rare that they wouldn't have thought to test it.
Office 2007 is now end of support (although I have seen it work without issue on Win 10 1709).

Soldato
Office 2007 is now end of support (although I have seen it work without issue on Win 10 1709).

Yeah this issue apparently first appeared 10 years ago ;)
There have been various fixes.
None have worked for me in excel thus far.
Hopefully it will, as excel works fine, it just reconfigures itself each start.

Back
Top Bottom