Formula Boinc 2017

MGP

MGP

Soldato
So once again the Formula Boinc Sprint choice scrapes the bottom of the barrel.

TN-Grid. What on earth is that? It's such a significant project that "add project" from within Boinc doesn't even know about it. :(

Oh and it's another project that according to it's server status is out of work.

Looks like I'll be carrying on with my normal stuff.

Associate
So once again the Formula Boinc Sprint choice scrapes the bottom of the barrel.

TN-Grid. What on earth is that? It's such a significant project that "add project" from within Boinc doesn't even know about it. :(

Oh and it's another project that according to it's server status is out of work.

Looks like I'll be carrying on with my normal stuff.

Party pooper

Associate
Yeah....I'm sorry, but TN-Grid is a very worthwhile medical research project, and typically has numerous tasks to run. To call it "bottom of the barrel" is not fair simply because you don't know of it.

Soldato
I think mgp is referring more to the point that a project with next to no work is picked again. I don't know how much work you guys have over at your side tony, I have no idea who has any work over here either as its been very quiet recently.

were running on a skeleton crew on this one

senture is away dealing with some home issues right now
chris - holiday
engy - just got home with the baby from hospital
matzo - no idea
tipes - no idea

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
Congratulations engy !
I expect that new baby will be needing a new computer very soon, you need to start them very young :D

Currently in 1st place in the sprint, think we were level pegging with TaaT for output over the last hour, validated to pending ratio is about 4:1 for me.
Not so keen on these early starts.

Soldato
looks like Ba has added a little help aswell :) just you now MGP :D
were about to loose 2nd place to oc.net :( very quiet around here and looks like we'll manage a 3rd on this one

PDW

PDW

Associate
@MGP, this was posted by the project developer back in April:

Hello all,
here a brief description of some new experiments coming out in the next days!

Pseudomonas aeruginosa is a bacterium that can be harmful for plants and animals, including us, humans. P. aeruginosa is in general a multidrug resistant bacterium that have been associated with serious illnesses. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudomonas_aeruginosa)

For this reason, the World Health Organization (WHO), early this year, included P. aeruginosa in its list of bacteria for which there is urgent need of antibiotics. (http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2017/bacteria-antibiotics-needed/en/)

Thanks to a collaboration we are starting with a biologist, who is specifically studying this bacterium, we will start in the next days a bunch of new experiments. The first experiments will test several different parameters using a very well known (by the biologists) gene network of P. aeruginosa that controls the number of bacterial cells, named quorum sensing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorum_sensing). If everything turns out well, with our results we can help the biologist we are collaborating with, as she will study our predictions in her in-vitro experiments! :)

...when I first started running the project it was looking at the grapevine and how to make it better, that was enough for me :D

PS. Andy, you have had a reply to your post over there

MGP

MGP

Soldato
This has killed my broadband and TV. I'm now being told by Virgin Media faults that it's a network cable problem somewhere "affecting many customers" (but oddly the service status on VM's web says all is fine, and the automated fault message if you phone in says it's intermittent). But worse they say it won't get fixed till 1st November :mad:

Associate
This has killed my broadband and TV. I'm now being told by Virgin Media faults that it's a network cable problem somewhere "affecting many customers" (but oddly the service status on VM's web says all is fine, and the automated fault message if you phone in says it's intermittent). But worse they say it won't get fixed till 1st November :mad:

typical init,, err have next door got wi-fi? lol just asking

Back
Top Bottom