SNES Mini Classic

Soldato
I picked one up in store on Friday. My work is close to one so I was popping in checking the item code and on Friday there were two in stock. Was well chuffed :)

That is what i have been doing, but my local is is not so conveniently placed so wondered if i was wasting my time glad to see i'm not, cheers.

Soldato
just bought a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Wii arcade fight stick which apparently work on the mini snes so i'll let you know in a few days!!

as much as i like the snes pad a joystick is so much better for some games.

Soldato
Not sure if it is of any use to anyone on here but the Game store in Newcastle seemed to have a few of these behind the counter when I went in at lunch time. I assume they aren't on order as it's been out a bit now and Game only hold stuff for a couple of days if I recall correctly.

Associate
Thought I would introduce the nephew into retro gaming. Took a few minutes for the eyes to dial in!

Surprisingly, it did not take long for the memories to come flooding back - I could recall the old cheats on Mario Kart after 25 years - amazing how the memory recalls after all this time!

We tried Contra - What the...?

Did people really pay for this game back in 93? It is simply an arcade game where you pump in coins. Insane difficulty.

Soldato
Thought I would introduce the nephew into retro gaming. Took a few minutes for the eyes to dial in!

Surprisingly, it did not take long for the memories to come flooding back - I could recall the old cheats on Mario Kart after 25 years - amazing how the memory recalls after all this time!

We tried Contra - What the...?

Did people really pay for this game back in 93? It is simply an arcade game where you pump in coins. Insane difficulty.
Have you tried Super ghouls and Ghosts yet?? That is also insanely difficult. Just seems that games have gotten easier over the years.

Soldato
Thing is - they weren't insanely difficult back then. We're just used to being wrapped up in a comforting blanket of quick saves, hand-holding icon signposts and regenerating hp! That and we're getting old.

Soldato
Thing is - they weren't insanely difficult back then. We're just used to being wrapped up in a comforting blanket of quick saves, hand-holding icon signposts and regenerating hp! That and we're getting old.
I remember Ghouls and Ghosts being that difficult back then as well. Never made it past the 3rd level. At least now with the save states I am able to get further.

Man of Honour
I remember Ghouls and Ghosts being that difficult back then as well. Never made it past the 3rd level. At least now with the save states I am able to get further.
Silly question but does the mini SNES have save states for this game? I couldn’t see them (not that I spent long looking!)

Associate
It has save states for all games, while playing any game hit reset and this returns you to the main menu where you will see a little save window floating which you can then store in one of four slots for that game.

Back
Top Bottom