picture star rating !

Associate
I notice lots of people saying how to rate there pics outside of the starring system in LR .My question is why ? As an amateur I look at my pictures and think thats a keeper , so it's kept. The only only pics I keep are of something rare ( wildlife ,family , etc ) even if not brilliant. Everything else goes in the bin .Why keep things you dont rate highly ? Perhaps as a pro but you sell shoddy pics - I don't believe it .

Caporegime
Anything not a keeper is deleted. But I like to assign some stars to my better photos to help select small subsets to show off the best of my work, to have printed, to use as presents, to sell as macro stock. A lot of my photos come from vacations or family trips so the album will have some mediocre stuff I would otherwise deleted but I want that memory of my family.

I tend to assign 1 star when I have edited the photo. No real reason, means I only have 4 more stars for actual rating but that is plenty. I aim to try an get a single 5star photo a year but that will depend on the number of trips I can make.

And

And

Associate
I tick and star photos (in Canon DPP) so I star what I like and work through that way, whittling down to 5 star for the ones to use, then once worked on I tick them.

Back
Top Bottom